Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

just need to vent about parents in my complex.

Posted by on Jul. 30, 2013 at 9:08 PM
  • 12 Replies

Ugh. Okay, I live in an apartment complex that the apartments sit back to back, side to side. Each building has 12 apartments per building, and there's 6 apartment buildings that make up this complex. I live in one of the "upper buildings", which basically means my particular building is on the upper hill of the complex. There's one building situated behind me and then one situated "below" me. There's these families that live in this lower building that drive me nuts. The one mother constantly scream profanities at her children.  She never refers to them by there names but, instead, calls the "Little Fuckers" and "Assholes". Then she hangs out with two other mothers that are just as rude and nasty. All but two of the children that come from these three families are down right rude, and their parents do absolutely nothing about it.

For example: My daughter just came home from church, and is all excited about the invitations she received to give to her friends. I explain that she needs to make sure it's okay with these kids parents before she starts handing them out. I go to my door and listen. These particular parents are outside, talking trash about the invitations that my daughter is handing out. Excuse me? Oh hell no, you don't do that with my child around. You don't like the church? Fine, tell your child no. But do not make my daughter upset because she's all excited. Then the F word starts coming out. Every. Other. Word. "Fuck this, fuck that." The main mother swearing has been reported to the office here numerous times for her language and the constant screaming. Why she hasn't been evicted is beyond me. 

I have even said, politely, that I would appreciate her and the other parents to not swear so heavily while my daughter is around them. I do not want her picking that particular word up. The fathers actually agreed and have watched what they say when my daughter is down by them. But this mother just won't shut up. I've heard her outside as late as 1am screaming at her children. -shaking head- She's had CYS called on her twice already, but they find nothing when they investigate. I have tried to be nice to them, since I hate confrontations and avoid them as best as I can, but this woman is looking for a smack with the way she talks. 

Sorry if this makes no sense, I'm frustrated and type fast. So any mistakes, I apologize! But thanks for letting me vent, it actually helped. Haha! 

by on Jul. 30, 2013 at 9:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Janet
by Ruby Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 8:12 AM

Yeah no matter where you live you always get that one neighbor that is so ignorant and you can't do anything about it. Yours is just so close! That would really make me mad too. I would hate to have to live with that every day. I feel your pain.

legobaby
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 8:17 AM
1 mom liked this

Why are some people so trashy?  I was at the waterpark the other day in the KID AREA.  There was an older lady who I think was maybe a foster mom. She had a girl with her who was a preteen who was way too big to be going on the kiddie slides according to the waterpark's rules, but apparently, some of the lifeguards had been letting her and one didn't.  The lady walked up to another lady who was with her and screamed loudly in front of a bunch of little kids, "They won't let her on the GOD-DAMNED slide!" 

I was like WTF?!  It reminds me of my mom.  She's such a trashy loudmouth.  Some people just don't know when to keep their mouths shut.

whoodathunk
by Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 8:36 AM

How old is your daughter?  If she's little enough to pick up that language, maybe it's not a good idea to have her around those people unminded.  Can you move?  I don't think that sounds like a pleasant place to lay your head!

MariannLws
by Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 10:12 AM

I've known ladies similar to what you described. Unfortunately some of them are family members. If asked to stop cursing they purposely curse louder and harder. 

The best thing to do is try and avoid them. 

1frog
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 10:42 AM

That's one reason I don't like apartment buildings.  I have to have my single family home. Perhaps you could move out?  If the complex isn't doing anything, it's just going to get trashier and trashier.

esox
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 10:57 AM

Call the police for a noise complaint if its late at night? 

RachynKennie
by Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 11:07 AM
She's not terribly young. She's six. But I've noticed that no matter how old the child is, if they hear it on a regular basis up here, they'll find it acceptable to say. It happened with two other children up here and my younger sister, who's 11. Thankfully, my DD hasn't sworn yet, but I want to keep it like that.

When I first moved here, long before my dd was born, if was freaking FANTASTIC up here. All the neighbors were kind and friendly. So nice. Then everything changed when the new manager took over. Suddenly, there's all sorts of issues. Smh.

Quoting whoodathunk:

How old is your daughter?  If she's little enough to pick up that language, maybe it's not a good idea to have her around those people unminded.  Can you move?  I don't think that sounds like a pleasant place to lay your head!

Junebaby18
by Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 1:43 PM
If the manager won't do anything, call the head company or even the owners. There is always someone up higher that you can talk to.
Jinxed8
by Silver Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 2:05 PM

lovely neighbours ... that would drive me nuts !

SpiritFortress
by Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 4:07 PM

I can imagine living so close to this kind of person is very challenging! My patience would wear thin too. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)