Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Ever felt so bad?

Posted by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 4:44 AM
  • 10 Replies

Hello, I am a young teen mother. Wanted to talk a little about my amazing son. He is 11 month's. I have him on a sleeping schedule but it recently has messed up completly. He goes to sleep at 9pm, but wakes up at 11:00pm. How can i put him back on schedule? I try putting him back to sleep but he fight's and fight's and stays awake. Also, I am a single mother ; When I look at my son I feel like crying & I feel some type of hurt, like somethings missing. Is this a normal feeling?

by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 4:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Janet
by Ruby Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 8:04 AM

He is probably teething.

Something is missing, a husband. We wern't meant parent alone. Also you being a teenager you are missing out on your teenage years being a mom.

whoodathunk
by Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 8:40 AM

I'm so sorry that you're going through this alone!  Do you have the support of your family?  That's will certainly help.  He could be teething or even the excitement of learning to walk & talk that's waking him.  Try just keeping him in the crib and rubbing his back or letting him cry a little till he falls back asleep.  Sometimes babies who are overtired will do this.  Is he still napping good for you?

QueenAtargatis
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 8:45 AM
1 mom liked this
Its typical for babies that age to change sleep patterns, especially when they're hitting developmental milestones. Try pushing nap time back, and try to keep everything calm and soothing when he does wake up at night. It will pass - promise!

I was a single teen mom. Its very hard, and common to feel like something is missing. Its like trying to blend being a kid with being a grown up, and it seems impossible. You need some kind of support system. Family is great, and maybe try finding a playgroup/mother's group with moms close to your age.

Good luck, mama! You can do this!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SpiritFortress
by Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 12:45 PM

What's missing is likely experience and as a mom, you'll gain it as time goes by and things won't feel like this. You're young and missing out on some regular teen stuff. I think almost all first time moms, no matter what age we are, felt this at one time or another for various reasons.  *Here reading and caring*

Jinxed8
by Silver Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 2:07 PM

This and maybe a growth spurt.  Hope you are getting support from your friends and family.

Quoting Janet:

He is probably teething.

Something is missing, a husband. We wern't meant parent alone. Also you being a teenager you are missing out on your teenage years being a mom.

Mrs.Bolin
by Gold Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 7:48 PM

Do you have a routine? Bath or play time or reading a book before bed? Pick a routine and stay with it every night so he gets used to it.Just stick to the same routine. If he wakes up then dont go in there right away. Let him wine for a bit. He will learn to fall back asleep. Give it about 10 mins. If he starts just trippin out then go in there and pat his belly and sing to him but dont pick him up. I highly doubt its teething or anything like that if he is waking up at the same time. Just stay strong. I have a wonderful husband but im basicly a single mom to cause he works nights so im the one that takes care of them 24/7. 

abecee
by on Aug. 1, 2013 at 12:03 PM

I think babies change their schedules randomly and for little to no reasons.  They are growing and learning and exploring.

I'm sorry you are feeling lonely. Are you getting out and enjoying any sort of 'me' time?

imissmydad51
by on Aug. 1, 2013 at 6:13 PM

Parenting is meant for two, not one. But I raised my daughter alone as well. I cried alot. I believe she felt my sorrow. My opinion. She wasn't ever a sleeper, still isn't. I just held her as much as I could and reassure her that it is time to sleep. As I said she still isn't a sleeper as an adult. I wish you well and know you aren't alone and are doing a great job because reaching out is a huge step to solving issues within yourself. Much luck. :)

psychomama05
by on Aug. 2, 2013 at 12:15 AM

Awe! Hang in there, a kids sleep schedule can fluctuate a lot since they grow so fast and their teething off and on for the first two years.  Do your best to be patient and keep working with him and he'll get back on track. The first couple of years are exhausting, but that is where your youth is a huge advantage.  Being a mom will induce a huge range of feelings, and those can be overwhelming. If you don't have any kind of support right now, start building a support network.  Being a mom is the hardest thing any of us do, whether we have a partner or not; but it is also the greatest thing we do. As long as you are determined to be the best mom possible, you can do this, your son will be just fine and you will be stronger for the experience.  Take care mama!

SlapItHigh
by on Aug. 2, 2013 at 5:12 PM

I recommend the path of least resistance.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)