Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Anybody have legal troubles like these? Or advice?

Posted by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 9:50 AM
  • 8 Replies

My friend has a 1 year old daughter. He's on the child birth certificate. But her crap of a mom, his ex, moved to the next state south of us. And as far into it as possible. So he rarely sees her because she won't hardly let him come see her or bring her here. She promised he'd see her on her 1st birthday but she decided going to Florida out of he blue was more important than seeing her dad. Anytime he says anything about the stuff his ex does I wish I could slap her. Lol. Should he get a lawyer or just go straight to the courts?

by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 9:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
DanaG70
by Silver Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 10:50 AM

He should have already gotten a lawyer and got visitation rights to begin with or she's just going to continue to do this kinds of stuff.

esox
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 10:58 AM

Did they have a legal custody agreement in place before she moved? 

Jinxed8
by Silver Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 11:03 AM

lawyer up or eventually it'll play against him and he'll never see the kid again

Kaseykahneno1
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 6:56 PM

She had told him no problem with seeing her and then when she was like a week old she up and left. 

goddess99
by Michelle on Jul. 31, 2013 at 7:49 PM

This should have been all worked out through the courts just after the baby was born. He'll have to either get a lawyer or go to the friend of the court office and see what can be done.

Squirrel1309
by Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 8:33 PM

Get a lawyer ASAP! I don't know what state you are in, but the dad has rights to his daughter!

Bribriesmom
by Bronze Member on Aug. 1, 2013 at 10:11 AM
File for visitation if there's not an order already in place.
luvmybug
by Amanda on Aug. 1, 2013 at 10:36 AM
Get a lawyer and draw up an agreement. If they can't agree, then it'll go to court. Keep documentation of the things she does to keep him away from his daughter. It'll help you out.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)