Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Have you ever driven when you were tired?

Posted by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 1:12 PM
  • 8 Replies

There is a stir article about some athletes that died in a car accident. I think it said that they were on a 22 hour road trip when they crashed.

They think it may be related to being tired or falling asleep at the wheel.

Have you ever driven when you were tired or when you know you probably shouldn't? 

by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 1:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
KW1280
by Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 1:18 PM
Yes and I ran into a ditch. I was 16 and I truly learned my lesson. My mom almost killed me when the police called her.
MJP76
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 1:22 PM

Yes. And shame on me.

Jinxed8
by Silver Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 2:11 PM

Yes I have ... when DH and I were still long distance I would drive the 700 miles trip to go see him every second weekend and one time I actually zoned out. for a second.  But that was enough to scare the crap out of me.   Haven't done it in ages but if I think I'm too tired and I've got too long to go before I get home I pop a cafeine pill or an energy drink to  make sure that doesn't happen.

goddess99
by Michelle on Aug. 1, 2013 at 10:33 AM

I have many years ago, but never to the point where I thought I might fall asleep.

LilRed2130
by Member on Aug. 2, 2013 at 10:32 PM

Yes I have but only when my husband is with me to take over when I feel I can't manage.

whitleypittman
by Member on Aug. 2, 2013 at 10:34 PM
Yes cause we had an eight hour ride and my husband had just finished 14 hours in a Kenworth.
britmichele
by on Aug. 2, 2013 at 10:37 PM
Yes, but I wasn't scared to fall asleep
Cafe MichelleP
by Head Admin on Aug. 5, 2013 at 11:41 PM

Even though those athletes were going to college, they were from a high school not too far from where I live. My son attended a few of their high school football games the year after he graduated and stopped playing.

It is a sad situation all around.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)