Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Anyone else ?

Posted by on Aug. 1, 2013 at 12:14 AM
  • 4 Replies
Has anyone else had a baby that's wants to be held most of the day and eating often. My son is 5 months old almost 6. And he seems like the longest he will go on his swing or anything else is 20 minutes, he always wants to be held. Did anyone else go through this, my family says that it's because as a newborn I held him alot and he became use to it. I'm wondering if that will change at all ?
by on Aug. 1, 2013 at 12:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Junebaby18
by Member on Aug. 1, 2013 at 3:35 AM
1 mom liked this
That's what baby's do! That's how they survive! It's totally ok to hold your baby! Get a sling/wrap or carrier and carry the baby wherever you go (except in the car of course). Some babies have a higher need to be held than others do. I have 3 kids and my yougest is the only one that was "needy". It's just their personality and they are only little once.

Are you bf or formula feeding? Eating often is normal too. Their tummies are very small and need to be constantly filled back up.
goddess99
by Michelle on Aug. 1, 2013 at 10:21 AM

My dd liked being held but she Loved her vibrating bouncy chair, she would sit/sleep in that for hours.

SpiritFortress
by Member on Aug. 1, 2013 at 11:20 AM

I encourage you to hold him often because he apparently needs it. It's wonderful that you held him a lot when he was a newborn. He'll have a sense of security that he might not have had otherwise. :)

Janet
by Ruby Member on Aug. 3, 2013 at 5:59 PM

My DD was like that from the day she was born. I agree with the other moms.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)