Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

We're you uncomfortable during giving birth?

Posted by on Aug. 2, 2013 at 1:20 AM
  • 23 Replies

Or just a moment where you were. I was thinking about my son and I remembered thinking my dr was weird. They're calm but mine seemed so over excited. She pulled up a stool and stared in a very awkward expression. She's nicely talking even though my son refused to come out. All the while I had a nurse next to my head yelling when I was saying I can't because he won't come out. My dr called another dr in. The new one picked up a weird device and suctioned him out. It was either that or my first exam at my dr after finding out. I'm not sure why but I thought it was weird that he was interested in a convo about my husband as he's doing the exam.

by on Aug. 2, 2013 at 1:20 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jett286
by Member on Aug. 2, 2013 at 2:04 AM

The first time yes...  I couldnt get my epidural as soon as I needed it due to many births that night...but I finally did get it and it worked partially...only pushed 10 minutes and he was born..the second one I got my epidural right away and pushed twice and out he popped!!  I was so happy to be pain free that I was disappointed when the Dr. said he was close to being born...Ugh I was finally pain free in the back and hips but that only lasted abotu 15 minutes before it was time to push him out....

SlapItHigh
by on Aug. 2, 2013 at 2:06 AM

Yeah, for my hospital births I was.

SlapItHigh
by on Aug. 2, 2013 at 2:08 AM

But I had a homebirth with my youngest and no one was up in my vaginal area.  No one even saw my vagina.  I gave birth while kneeling in the water and my Midwife was standing back behind the tub.  Nothing was visible from outside of the water.  Felt very comfortable and I loved it!

missmonkeysma
by on Aug. 2, 2013 at 9:19 AM
My dr had to use the suction thing too. I was too tiny and dd just didnt want to come out! I wasnt uncomfortable at all. I had 2 nurses plus my dr and my dh.
rashellj19
by on Aug. 2, 2013 at 10:53 AM
Unfortunately I only got to 4 cm, which was uncomfortable and then went into an emergency C-Section. The nurses were extremely rude to patents and their family or who ever came to visit. That was with my oldest child. I was so glad to get out of there!
goddess99
by Michelle on Aug. 2, 2013 at 10:58 AM
1 mom liked this

I had a csection but I remember this guy in the room that lifted the sheet that was covering me, I was like Wth? looking for something pervert =/

Raeann11
by Member on Aug. 2, 2013 at 12:31 PM

My one and only hospital birth I was. When I labored at home I was not. My first and second I was not at all.

mxcanapochamama
by on Aug. 2, 2013 at 4:45 PM
With my first DD I was very bc there was no Drs available for and the nurse came in and closed my legs and "you gotta hold her in" (umm yeah sure how long Ill come back tomorrow if you like) But just when they saw the head crowning a Dr came rushing in. With my second DD it was so fast there wasnt time for almost anything she only took about 3 1/2 hrs. Woke up at 4 with pains by 5:30 decided it was time got to the hospital by 6 and she was born at 7:40

MamìMexicana?

Kaseykahneno1
by on Aug. 2, 2013 at 9:25 PM
1 mom liked this

Lol. The only guy I had was the guy who did auctioning him out. Not many nurses or drs chatted much. It was a military hospital so small talk wasn't their forte. Except a girl the first night who was there to help. He never cried with her but the other one he would always cry.

Quoting goddess99:

I had a csection but I remember this guy in the room that lifted the sheet that was covering me, I was like Wth? looking for something pervert =/

kaiyahsmommy
by on Aug. 3, 2013 at 8:30 AM
I was physically but not for long. I laughed my baby out, we were watching judge Joe brown and he kept saying funny things
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)