Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Hi new here and got a quick question ♥

Posted by on Aug. 2, 2013 at 2:59 AM
  • 12 Replies
So Im knew to this Group but not to cafe mom. I usually go into young mom groups, bc I am a young mom. Im 23 and have 2 girls ages 6 and 5. I was diagnosed with a small ovarian cyst last month ( this is just one very small, Dr almost missed it) But anyways now my period is late, 5 days to be exact, and so I took a test and the results were positive.Well the question Im hoping someone will help me with is the following; Could I be pregnant or is this a false positive from the cyst? Ive already made a Dr appointment, but I want to get an idea of what to expect, since we were trying to conceive. I do have some symptoms but not many only fatigue and a bit of dizziness. But these could be bc of my kids being home due to vacations and having a 6 wk old (not yet potty trained) puppy, causing me a bit of stress and not eating very well. Anyways any advise you may have is appreciated, thanks for reading.

MamìMexicana

by on Aug. 2, 2013 at 2:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Cafe MichelleP
by Head Admin on Aug. 2, 2013 at 9:05 AM
2 moms liked this

Hi. Welcome to the group.

I always err on the side of caution when I get a positive pregnancy test and wait it out until I confirm with a doctor. Since you are trying to conceive, try not to get your hopes up just yet. At the same time, just becareful not to have alcohol and try your body the same way you would, if you were definitely pregnant.

Good luck with it all.

goddess99
by Michelle on Aug. 2, 2013 at 11:02 AM
1 mom liked this

Welcome. Idk, I would just wait and see what the doctor has to say. Good luck.

MJP76
by on Aug. 2, 2013 at 2:21 PM
1 mom liked this

Cycst come and go on a regular basis, and would not result in a positive pregnancy test.

mxcanapochamama
by on Aug. 2, 2013 at 2:21 PM
3 moms liked this
Thanks girls, I had a feeling you guys would say tht, and yes even though its not 100% I am treating my body as if thing 3 is in there. Well Ive got my dr appointment on tuesday so Ill keep you posted on what happens ♥ :)

MamìMexicana?

mxcanapochamama
by on Aug. 2, 2013 at 2:23 PM

You think so,  has this happen to you or somone you know?

Quoting MJP76:

Cycst come and go on a regular basis, and would not result in a positive pregnancy test.

MamìMexicana?

MJP76
by on Aug. 2, 2013 at 2:27 PM

Yes I've been getting cysts on a regulat basis since I was 13. They come and go. Some people get them more often, and only have to be surgically removed If they get too large and don't burst on their own... Or if they are cancerous, which I'm assuming yours is not.

Quoting mxcanapochamama:

Quoting MJP76:

mxcanapochamama
by on Aug. 2, 2013 at 2:40 PM

No mine isnt cancerous and its very small Dr almost missed it, he was going crazy trying to find it bc he was sure I had one. He said it was going to go away on its own and to not worry about.

Quoting MJP76:

Yes I've been getting cysts on a regulat basis since I was 13. They come and go. Some people get them more often, and only have to be surgically removed If they get too large and don't burst on their own... Or if they are cancerous, which I'm assuming yours is not.

Quoting mxcanapochamama:

Quoting MJP76:

MamìMexicana?

MJP76
by on Aug. 2, 2013 at 2:41 PM
1 mom liked this

Right... That's what I said..lol

Quoting mxcanapochamama:

No mine isnt cancerous and its very small Dr almost missed it, he was going crazy trying to find it bc he was sure I had one. He said it was going to go away on its own and to worry about.

Quoting MJP76:

Quoting mxcanapochamama:

Quoting MJP76:

SlapItHigh
by on Aug. 2, 2013 at 5:01 PM
1 mom liked this

I've never heard of a cyst causing a positive pregnancy test.  But I'm certainly no expert!  Hope your drs appt goes well!

Littleeinsteins
by on Aug. 3, 2013 at 10:28 AM
High probability you are pregnant. I had ovarian cysts before and the only symptoms I had was pain.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN