Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

what should i do? *update 8/6*

Posted by on Aug. 4, 2013 at 4:58 PM
  • 27 Replies
I have a midwife appointment Friday but idk if I can wait that long. these pains are awful, leg pain (which I know is perfectly normal) but what gets me is the stomach pain, when my stomach gets real feels like real bad tightness, I cant breathe, it feels like he is balling up, my heart beats real fast and then finally (after what feels like hours) when it stops hurting he will kick and roll and that hurts, then it starts all over again. im 27.1 weeks, my bp has been fine the whole time well except once it was 140/82 because I was in pain from where I fell and hurt my back. I smoke but only lights and not as often as I use too. im on nerve medication, prenatal vitamins and Tylenol 3 when needed. I keep headaches it really hasn't left for a few weeks, sometimes my eyes hurt. my mom had me at 30 weeks due to toxemia, with DD I didn't have all this going on, my bp was out of control but I didn't have preeclampsia or toxemia but my bp stayed 140/90 just about the whole time, but the baby was fine (after many tests and weekly visits to the doc) they induced me at 39.3 and I had her at 39.4 didn't even start Pitocin. anyone have any clue what could be going on? am I just being paranoid because of what happened to me when my mom was pregnant with me or because of what happened with DD I feel like this pregnancy is way to perfect for something NOT to happen :/ *update 8/6* the past few days were okay, but as I was driving home from and errand my lower back (right above my hips) started to hurt I thought it was where I have the possible pinched nerve BUT its not in that spot its above it going across my back, my upper tummy got tight on the left side, and lower tummy pains right above my crotch is hurting and down my right leg on the outter part of my leg its to the point where im short of breath, I haven't felt DS move much today (usually he is kicking me senseless) I did take one of my pain pills today but im still in pain its like its not touching this pain, if I tell my mom she will tell me im crazy and that nothing is wrong and DH says the same he makes excuses, my dad has the truck and the jeep is being worked on I just don't know :/
by on Aug. 4, 2013 at 4:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
rgba
by Member on Aug. 4, 2013 at 5:00 PM
2 moms liked this
Go to the doctor asap. And stop smoking.

Why are you taking nerve pain meds and Tylenol 3? That doesn't seem safe.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mileysmom331
by on Aug. 4, 2013 at 5:04 PM
I hate to sound like im really stupid but I cant tell if its the baby or BH or the real thing, and im a little on the heavy set side, I haven't gained but 10 pounds but I was heavy to begin with so I cant feel if my uterus is tight or not (I was a lot bigger with DD and couldn't feel it if I pushed on it) and I had to stay off my nerve meds (20 mg of Prozac once a day) until I got later in my pregnancy and I just couldn't handle it anymore (massive panic attacks) and im on 30 mg of Tylenol 3 only when needed for a back injury if I don't take them I cant walk real good. when I take one atleast I can walk without much assistance if I don't take it my DH has to help me with literally EVERYTHING :(
Quoting rgba:

rgba
by Member on Aug. 4, 2013 at 5:09 PM
When in doubt, go in to labor and delivery. Better to go in and have nothing wrong then not to go in and have something terribly wrong.

Quoting mileysmom331:

I hate to sound like im really stupid but I cant tell if its the baby or BH or the real thing, and im a little on the heavy set side, I haven't gained but 10 pounds but I was heavy to begin with so I cant feel if my uterus is tight or not (I was a lot bigger with DD and couldn't feel it if I pushed on it)

and I had to stay off my nerve meds (20 mg of Prozac once a day) until I got later in my pregnancy and I just couldn't handle it anymore (massive panic attacks) and im on 30 mg of Tylenol 3 only when needed for a back injury if I don't take them I cant walk real good. when I take one atleast I can walk without much assistance if I don't take it my DH has to help me with literally EVERYTHING :(

Quoting rgba:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mileysmom331
by on Aug. 4, 2013 at 5:12 PM
if it doesn't stop by tonight im gonna call the midwife hotline and ask to see what they think, but I hate to say it like this but when u live an hour away from the hospital have an unreliable vehicle (until I get the money to fix it) when u have no money atm and when ur not suppose to drive in the first place, u kinda feel bad when u gotta make ur mom get out and take u over nothing XD I hate to say it like that makes me sound like a selfish bitch really.
Quoting rgba:

When in doubt, go in to labor and delivery. Better to go in and have nothing wrong then not to go in and have something terribly wrong.

Quoting mileysmom331:

I hate to sound like im really stupid but I cant tell if its the baby or BH or the real thing, and im a little on the heavy set side, I haven't gained but 10 pounds but I was heavy to begin with so I cant feel if my uterus is tight or not (I was a lot bigger with DD and couldn't feel it if I pushed on it)

and I had to stay off my nerve meds (20 mg of Prozac once a day) until I got later in my pregnancy and I just couldn't handle it anymore (massive panic attacks) and im on 30 mg of Tylenol 3 only when needed for a back injury if I don't take them I cant walk real good. when I take one atleast I can walk without much assistance if I don't take it my DH has to help me with literally EVERYTHING :(

Quoting rgba:

rgba
by Member on Aug. 4, 2013 at 5:15 PM
I understand. Call the hotline, they will ask a bunch of questions to help you figure it out.

Quoting mileysmom331:

if it doesn't stop by tonight im gonna call the midwife hotline and ask to see what they think, but I hate to say it like this but when u live an hour away from the hospital have an unreliable vehicle (until I get the money to fix it) when u have no money atm and when ur not suppose to drive in the first place, u kinda feel bad when u gotta make ur mom get out and take u over nothing XD I hate to say it like that makes me sound like a selfish bitch really.

Quoting rgba:

Quoting mileysmom331:

Quoting rgba:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mileysmom331
by on Aug. 4, 2013 at 5:17 PM
im just the person where if im not bleeding or my water hasn't broke I don't wanna go XD I don't like hospitals I spent the first 7 weeks of my life in a hospital I don't like them now lol
Quoting rgba:

I understand. Call the hotline, they will ask a bunch of questions to help you figure it out.

Quoting mileysmom331:

Quoting rgba:

Quoting mileysmom331:

Quoting rgba:

goddess99
by Michelle on Aug. 4, 2013 at 5:36 PM

I would either call your midwife and see what she says or see a regular doctor. My bp was high and I was on bedrest for alot of my pregnancy.

mileysmom331
by on Aug. 4, 2013 at 6:31 PM

my DH has me keep check on my BP its been normal except that one time, and even with DD my bp was high but i wasnt on bed rest lol the only reason i havent made a HUGE issue about it is because of my bp not being high its just the pain level is a little off for me and im not usually a wuss but when i am u know its bad

Quoting goddess99:

I would either call your midwife and see what she says or see a regular doctor. My bp was high and I was on bedrest for alot of my pregnancy.

goddess99
by Michelle on Aug. 4, 2013 at 6:58 PM

Well I hope you can get the pain under control and someone will have some helpful solutions for you.

Quoting mileysmom331:

my DH has me keep check on my BP its been normal except that one time, and even with DD my bp was high but i wasnt on bed rest lol the only reason i havent made a HUGE issue about it is because of my bp not being high its just the pain level is a little off for me and im not usually a wuss but when i am u know its bad

Quoting goddess99:

luvmybug
by Amanda on Aug. 4, 2013 at 7:00 PM
I would go to the doc as soon as you can get in. And awesome for cutting back on smoking, but you should really quit. Good luck and keep us posted!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN