Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

what should i do? *update 8/6*

Posted by   + Show Post
I have a midwife appointment Friday but idk if I can wait that long. these pains are awful, leg pain (which I know is perfectly normal) but what gets me is the stomach pain, when my stomach gets real feels like real bad tightness, I cant breathe, it feels like he is balling up, my heart beats real fast and then finally (after what feels like hours) when it stops hurting he will kick and roll and that hurts, then it starts all over again. im 27.1 weeks, my bp has been fine the whole time well except once it was 140/82 because I was in pain from where I fell and hurt my back. I smoke but only lights and not as often as I use too. im on nerve medication, prenatal vitamins and Tylenol 3 when needed. I keep headaches it really hasn't left for a few weeks, sometimes my eyes hurt. my mom had me at 30 weeks due to toxemia, with DD I didn't have all this going on, my bp was out of control but I didn't have preeclampsia or toxemia but my bp stayed 140/90 just about the whole time, but the baby was fine (after many tests and weekly visits to the doc) they induced me at 39.3 and I had her at 39.4 didn't even start Pitocin. anyone have any clue what could be going on? am I just being paranoid because of what happened to me when my mom was pregnant with me or because of what happened with DD I feel like this pregnancy is way to perfect for something NOT to happen :/ *update 8/6* the past few days were okay, but as I was driving home from and errand my lower back (right above my hips) started to hurt I thought it was where I have the possible pinched nerve BUT its not in that spot its above it going across my back, my upper tummy got tight on the left side, and lower tummy pains right above my crotch is hurting and down my right leg on the outter part of my leg its to the point where im short of breath, I haven't felt DS move much today (usually he is kicking me senseless) I did take one of my pain pills today but im still in pain its like its not touching this pain, if I tell my mom she will tell me im crazy and that nothing is wrong and DH says the same he makes excuses, my dad has the truck and the jeep is being worked on I just don't know :/
by on Aug. 4, 2013 at 4:58 PM
Replies (11-20):
mileysmom331
by Member on Aug. 4, 2013 at 7:04 PM
the soonest i could get in was friday thats when she gets back from vaca or whatever. and i tried to stop smoking i did good for about 2 months, and i couldnt handle it, my DH smokes, and so does my mom, my aunt, my cousin, my MIL, FIL and both BILs so everyone around me smokes except my dad and actually contrary to what people say he isnt small so far of course, he is actually right on track well with what the books say that they give u at the doctor but if it comes down to the midwife saying "if u dont stop and stay away from it ur baby wont make it" or something to that affect u better believe id stop and making everyone stop around me
Quoting luvmybug:

I would go to the doc as soon as you can get in. And awesome for cutting back on smoking, but you should really quit. Good luck and keep us posted!

luvmybug
by Amanda on Aug. 4, 2013 at 7:10 PM
Quoting mileysmom331:

I'm trying to quit right now. I can understand how hard it is to stop when everyone around you is doing it. My fiancé smokes and every time I see him go out there, I have to get my attention elsewhere or I'd be right out there with him! Lol. So I have been timing my smoke breaks and have cut down to one or half of one every 3 hours. It is SO hard!
mileysmom331
by Member on Aug. 4, 2013 at 9:54 PM
I smoke maybe 5 cigs a day if that I have to be careful and try not to smoke when my dad is home cause he doesn't know, so ill smoke if he is out of the house (which is rare when he isn't at work) or if me and DH are outback or if we are out somewhere and with my dad u never know when he is gonna pop up lol
Quoting luvmybug:

Quoting mileysmom331:

I'm trying to quit right now. I can understand how hard it is to stop when everyone around you is doing it. My fiancé smokes and every time I see him go out there, I have to get my attention elsewhere or I'd be right out there with him! Lol. So I have been timing my smoke breaks and have cut down to one or half of one every 3 hours. It is SO hard!

ReeseStrickland
by on Aug. 4, 2013 at 10:01 PM

Take your cigarette money and tylanol money and get some maternity massages.  I had a herniated disc during one pregnancy and I honestly just wanted to binge drink and take tylanol PM every night, but I didn't.  You can get a massage for pretty cheap, even less if you can find a massage school near you and studies have shown recently that the anti inflammatory effects of the muscle kneeding is actually as effective as ibuprofin.  It can't hurt to call around and see what you can't find and how much it would be, and what transportation is available.  You might be suprised at your findings and it will take your mind off things in the meanwhile.

mileysmom331
by Member on Aug. 4, 2013 at 10:09 PM
I don't pay for Tylenols its prescribed and I have a medical card :/ and no place around here I know does that I had physical therapy and one woman could do it but she wasn't my PT woman, I tried reg. Tylenol it didn't touch it, tried Tylenol PM it made me sleep and I felt worse when I woke up im not proud of taking Tylenol 3 but its a baby dose and if I don't I cant walk :(
Quoting ReeseStrickland:

Take your cigarette money and tylanol money and get some maternity massages.  I had a herniated disc during one pregnancy and I honestly just wanted to binge drink and take tylanol PM every night, but I didn't.  You can get a massage for pretty cheap, even less if you can find a massage school near you and studies have shown recently that the anti inflammatory effects of the muscle kneeding is actually as effective as ibuprofin.  It can't hurt to call around and see what you can't find and how much it would be, and what transportation is available.  You might be suprised at your findings and it will take your mind off things in the meanwhile.

ReeseStrickland
by on Aug. 4, 2013 at 10:48 PM

Well, you need to take care of yourself, you don't need to feel bad about it.

I get massage done at a chiropractor for $30/half hour.  I don't get adjusted, they suck you in with all their crap and try to get you on a payment plan.  But if you can just splurge once in a while, it could do you good on so many levels.

I think you just have a lot going on and frankly, even if your paying a girl to rub your back the physical touch is good in itself!

Just to clarify....I didn't drink at all pregnant, I just felt like it with that one :)  Back pain can seriously mess you up.

Quoting mileysmom331:

I don't pay for Tylenols its prescribed and I have a medical card :/ and no place around here I know does that I had physical therapy and one woman could do it but she wasn't my PT woman, I tried reg. Tylenol it didn't touch it, tried Tylenol PM it made me sleep and I felt worse when I woke up im not proud of taking Tylenol 3 but its a baby dose and if I don't I cant walk :(
Quoting ReeseStrickland:

ZombieChicken
by on Aug. 5, 2013 at 6:56 PM

First of all good for at least slowing down on the smoking.  Second, I wouldn't wait until Friday.  Call, its better to be safe than sorry.

mileysmom331
by Member on Aug. 5, 2013 at 6:58 PM

its stopped for now but now it just feels like he is pushing his way out (from the top of my belly) then my whole stomach hurts, but right now i have a bit of gas (tmi sorry) but i swear he is trying to break out of my belly lol

Quoting ZombieChicken:

First of all good for at least slowing down on the smoking.  Second, I wouldn't wait until Friday.  Call, its better to be safe than sorry.

ZombieChicken
by on Aug. 5, 2013 at 7:04 PM
1 mom liked this

Keep an eye on it, follow your gut instinct and good luck.

Quoting mileysmom331:

its stopped for now but now it just feels like he is pushing his way out (from the top of my belly) then my whole stomach hurts, but right now i have a bit of gas (tmi sorry) but i swear he is trying to break out of my belly lol

Quoting ZombieChicken:

Janet
by Ruby Member on Aug. 5, 2013 at 7:13 PM

Call the hotline, or go to the hospital. You don't want to have the baby at home do you.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)