Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

What the nicest thing you've done (previously : are you nice ? post)

Posted by on Aug. 5, 2013 at 12:06 PM
  • 9 Replies

What's the nicest (chartiable, help, selfess) thing you've ever done for someone ?

by on Aug. 5, 2013 at 12:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
KW1280
by Member on Aug. 5, 2013 at 12:15 PM
Yes
I do what I can.
OliviasMommy611
by on Aug. 5, 2013 at 12:41 PM
Yes, I think so.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
johnny4ever
Having a great birthday!
Yesterday at 4:52 PM
by Mrs. Depp on Aug. 5, 2013 at 12:49 PM

Yes to a fault!And this week I am beginning to feel like I am being used by 2 friends......

johnny4ever
Having a great birthday!
Yesterday at 4:52 PM
by Mrs. Depp on Aug. 5, 2013 at 12:49 PM

I need to learn to say No!

goddess99
by Michelle on Aug. 5, 2013 at 1:31 PM

To me this is 2 questions. Am I nice? No LOL and anyone who truly knows me would laugh at the question and say NO.

However your next question ~ I volunteered for many years at my dd's school so I've helped alot of kids. I always made sure even the poorest kids got Christmas gifts, and Easter baskets, I always made sure all the kids could attend the Halloween Carnival we put on, I gave the kids whose parents couldn't afford it a big stack of tickets and the kids knew it was me (how I'm not sure) but as their tickets got lower they would find me at the carnival and ask for more, I always gave more. I always made sure all the kids got yearbooks, etc... So charitable, helpful, selfless  ~ Yes.

Jinxed8
by Silver Member on Aug. 5, 2013 at 1:46 PM

I didn't want to repeat the same question both in the title and post but I guess I should.

The nicest thing I've done that is totally selfless is at my wedding, we badly wanted 2 friends to attend.  Knowing they were a little tight on cash I lied and told them I found flights within their budget, I also lied and said I had a voucher for a free stay at the hotel and I flipped the bill.  To this day they don't know about it.   What I found out a few months later is that this weekend saved their marriage.  He told me later that him and his wife were on the verge of separation but this trip was like a second honeymoon for them and lit the flame back.  I'm not one to pat myself on the back much but I gotta admit I"m proud I did this.

goddess99
by Michelle on Aug. 5, 2013 at 1:53 PM

That's an awesome thing you did for your friends!! And you can word your posts anyway you want. I was just answering both questions =)

Quoting Jinxed8:

I didn't want to repeat the same question both in the title and post but I guess I should.

The nicest thing I've done that is totally selfless is at my wedding, we badly wanted 2 friends to attend.  Knowing they were a little tight on cash I lied and told them I found flights within their budget, I also lied and said I had a voucher for a free stay at the hotel and I flipped the bill.  To this day they don't know about it.   What I found out a few months later is that this weekend saved their marriage.  He told me later that him and his wife were on the verge of separation but this trip was like a second honeymoon for them and lit the flame back.  I'm not one to pat myself on the back much but I gotta admit I"m proud I did this.

Janet
by Ruby Member on Aug. 5, 2013 at 9:03 PM
That is wonderful!

Quoting Jinxed8:

Jinxed8
by Silver Member on Aug. 6, 2013 at 9:17 AM
1 mom liked this

I was very happy to do it, but I felt even better when I found out that pretty much saved their marriage. They are an awesome couple.  They made our wedding memorable.  This is a secret that I'll take to the grave with me, I never want them to find out.

Quoting goddess99:

That's an awesome thing you did for your friends!! And you can word your posts anyway you want. I was just answering both questions =)

Quoting Jinxed8:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)