Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Let's Chat: What's On Your Mind?

Posted by on Aug. 6, 2013 at 8:53 AM
  • 265 Replies

Welcome to our Tuesday Coffee Break Chat!

What are you doing today?
What's on your mind?

Let's Chat!

typing

**To chat with other members, use the Quote button above their reply and respond to them.**

by on Aug. 6, 2013 at 8:53 AM
Replies (1-10):
catevincesmom
by on Aug. 6, 2013 at 9:28 AM

goin' next door for a kids' tea party in a little while.  :-)  Made some crumpets to take over, but I'm not exactly sure how they turned out.  Have my fingers crossed.  fingers crossed

Cafe MichelleP
by Head Admin on Aug. 6, 2013 at 10:41 AM

OH that sounds like a lot of fun. I hope you all have a great time and the crumpets turned out good.

Did you make your own recipe or follow someone elses?

Quoting catevincesmom:

goin' next door for a kids' tea party in a little while.  :-)  Made some crumpets to take over, but I'm not exactly sure how they turned out.  Have my fingers crossed.  fingers crossed

Mrs.Kubalabuku
by Bronze Member on Aug. 6, 2013 at 10:54 AM

DH had to fly today so I packed him a really nice lunch.  About an hour ago I got a call from some other lady on the flight bitching at me for always packing his lunch.

"You're making the rest of us look bad.  I'm tired of him texting me about YOUR husband's lunch!"

Uh...your husband is a big boy, he can pack his own lunches if he isn't happy with what you put together...

Nope, she went on and on about how he used to pack his own lunches, but got jealous that DH's wife (me) packed his.  So she started packing them but she could never compare.  

I just couldn't believe it.  I told her to leave me alone, and then just to be safe I emailed the first shirt what happened.  I don't know, just in case she's off her rocker and decides to do something stupid.  I mean, really.  WTH?

Mrs.Kubalabuku
by Bronze Member on Aug. 6, 2013 at 10:55 AM
1 mom liked this

I love crumpets!  My Grandma was British, so I enjoyed plenty of formal tea parties with her as a child.  Ah, such good memories!

Quoting catevincesmom:

Cafe MichelleP
by Head Admin on Aug. 6, 2013 at 11:05 AM

Wow. There is no need for all that..lol

So you pack your husband a nice lunch. Big deal. Why anyone insists on making a big deal out of it is beyond me. Maybe she needs to have a talk with her own husband about his expectations rather than taking it up with you.

Quoting Mrs.Kubalabuku:

DH had to fly today so I packed him a really nice lunch.  About an hour ago I got a call from some other lady on the flight bitching at me for always packing his lunch.

"You're making the rest of us look bad.  I'm tired of him texting me about YOUR husband's lunch!"

Uh...your husband is a big boy, he can pack his own lunches if he isn't happy with what you put together...

Nope, she went on and on about how he used to pack his own lunches, but got jealous that DH's wife (me) packed his.  So she started packing them but she could never compare.  

I just couldn't believe it.  I told her to leave me alone, and then just to be safe I emailed the first shirt what happened.  I don't know, just in case she's off her rocker and decides to do something stupid.  I mean, really.  WTH?

Mrs.Kubalabuku
by Bronze Member on Aug. 6, 2013 at 11:15 AM

Yeah, I tried to tell her that but I couldn't get a word in past her tirade!  It was insane!  She gave me a bad vibe, like a gut feeling that she was going to bother me further.  Now we'll wait and see.

Quoting Cafe MichelleP:

So you pack your husband a nice lunch. Big deal. Why anyone insists on making a big deal out of it is beyond me. Maybe she needs to have a talk with her own husband about his expectations rather than taking it up with you.

Quoting Mrs.Kubalabuku:

goddess99
by Michelle on Aug. 6, 2013 at 11:18 AM

good morning  I just finished up some laundry, my brother is coming over later and I Need to call my dad. I keep forgetting. I'm thinking about all the things I need to do before we go on vacation and all the things I have to do when we get back to get my dd ready for school. My mind is all over the place.

Cafe MichelleP
by Head Admin on Aug. 6, 2013 at 11:19 AM

Bleh...lol

Quoting Mrs.Kubalabuku:

Yeah, I tried to tell her that but I couldn't get a word in past her tirade!  It was insane!  She gave me a bad vibe, like a gut feeling that she was going to bother me further.  Now we'll wait and see.

Quoting Cafe MichelleP:

Quoting Mrs.Kubalabuku:

goddess99
by Michelle on Aug. 6, 2013 at 11:20 AM
1 mom liked this

Oh how fun!

Quoting catevincesmom:

goddess99
by Michelle on Aug. 6, 2013 at 11:22 AM
1 mom liked this

Oh people are just so crazy, bold, and rude nowadays.

Quoting Mrs.Kubalabuku:

This post has been locked, replies are no longer allowed.

Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)