Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

anyone else get emotional about there babies not being babies anymore

Posted by on Aug. 6, 2013 at 5:43 PM
  • 25 Replies

Our son will be 3 on Monday.  I have alot of other stuff on my mind which is stressing me out but I find that to be a part of it.  I feel sad, like he is not our little boy anymore.  We are not having anymore, we had a hard time conceiving him, needed fertility treatments plus I have a 8 year old stepdaugter.  2 is enough , for us anyway :).  I don't know, maybe I am just being over emotional!

by on Aug. 6, 2013 at 5:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
catevincesmom
by on Aug. 6, 2013 at 5:45 PM
1 mom liked this

I think we all get emotional watching our kids grow.  It's bittersweet.  I know it makes me sad as it happens, but it also excites me watching all the growth & changes. 

SlapItHigh
by on Aug. 6, 2013 at 5:58 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes, definitely.  Happy birthday to your son!

Mish321
by on Aug. 6, 2013 at 6:00 PM
My baby is going to school this September. I can't belive it. He is such a big boy. Now I regrade that I didn't enjoy him enough as a baby.
splatz
by Sarah on Aug. 6, 2013 at 6:24 PM

I get that way all the time. DD will be three next month. Thankfully we have a new one on the way in January. :)

goddess99
by Michelle on Aug. 6, 2013 at 7:27 PM
2 moms liked this

My dd is 11, I miss her as a baby. Back when she couldn't talk and give attitude.

johnny4ever
by Mrs. Depp on Aug. 6, 2013 at 7:38 PM
1 mom liked this

My son just turned 10 last week..I feel ya!

aj_mom
by Bronze Member on Aug. 7, 2013 at 3:34 PM

I oldest is 8 y/o and our youngest is 16 months. I miss them being little babies.

Janet
by Ruby Member on Aug. 7, 2013 at 4:55 PM

Wait until they grow up. You will really miss them being little.

LadyReal
by Member on Aug. 7, 2013 at 6:54 PM

My kids are way older and I still get emotional, when I think about the long gone baby days.  But I am glad of the young men they have became...what a blessed life

kathymomof2
by on Aug. 7, 2013 at 10:30 PM
1 mom liked this
my son is 9 and i feel the same way - i miss the younger years and he is my last one. i think when you KNOW you won't be having any more children, it makes it harder to see them grow up.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)