Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Sitting here, crying and hurt

Posted by on Aug. 6, 2013 at 10:57 PM
  • 37 Replies
I apologize now if there are any mistakes, I'm posting this mobile.

So my mom has been, for lack of better terms, bed ridden for the past few days. She has a kidney stone, but her medication isn't working. With that- I have been the one doing all of the house work, cooking, taking care of my daughter AND younger sister, grocery shopping, figuring out school shopping lists, getting mom's medications filled, etc.

Now, my brother, who up until this point has not BOTHERED to check up on mom or see if we need any help, has come home tonight. The girls are at church, mom's in bed on her tablet. Dishes are done, living room is picked up. I am on the computer. What does he do? IMMEDIATELY begins yelling at me. Why? Because cleaning the cat liter has slipped my mind. He then proceeds to take the power cord off the computer and tells me I'm not allowed on the computer anymore. Wtf? Mind you, I'm a 29 year old woman and he's a 23 year old man-boy.

He starts acting like he knows EVERYTHING that has been happening over these past days. I tell him, flat out, that he has no fucking clue what I've been doing since he hasn't bothered to call. He then proceeds to make ME feel like I'm inferior to him and he's better than me. I was speechless! I just walked away.

I've been sittng upstairs for the past 30 minutes, crying and hurt by him. I have never been made to feel as stupid and worthless than I have tonight.

I'm sorry if this is long, I just needed to vent. Thank you for taking the time to read this.
by on Aug. 6, 2013 at 10:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lazyd
by Member on Aug. 6, 2013 at 11:04 PM
3 moms liked this

Dont mean to bash you but you are the ADULT here!  WHY are you allowing your immature brother to treat you like this??  Your brother just "won" cuz you went upstairs and cried.  I would have beat the crap out of my brother (not really cuz im not into hittin n violence) but you get the point.  I would have told him off.  I would have told him EVERYTHING that you have done and asked him what HE has done for the house and his mother and ask him WHY HE thinks he is soo good.  I dont know WHY he made you feel stupid and worthless - people only make themselves feel that way cuz they dont stand up for themselves.  Get a backbone and better self esteem and tell your brother to SHOVE IT!!  Get that computer power cord back and beat his ass with it!!  Tell him to do the cat box himself!!!

RachynKennie
by on Aug. 6, 2013 at 11:14 PM
Actually, you didn't bash at all. It actually made me laugh because after I posted I asked myself why I didn't just punch him. But I remembered that I didn't want to do that and upset my mom, so walking away just seemed better at the time.

Quoting lazyd:

Dont mean to bash you but you are the ADULT here!  WHY are you allowing your immature brother to treat you like this??  Your brother just "won" cuz you went upstairs and cried.  I would have beat the crap out of my brother (not really cuz im not into hittin n violence) but you get the point.  I would have told him off.  I would have told him EVERYTHING that you have done and asked him what HE has done for the house and his mother and ask him WHY HE thinks he is soo good.  I dont know WHY he made you feel stupid and worthless - people only make themselves feel that way cuz they dont stand up for themselves.  Get a backbone and better self esteem and tell your brother to SHOVE IT!!  Get that computer power cord back and beat his ass with it!!  Tell him to do the cat box himself!!!

goddess99
by Michelle on Aug. 6, 2013 at 11:41 PM
4 moms liked this

Glad you just walked away but your brother needs a punch to the head.

Quoting RachynKennie:

Actually, you didn't bash at all. It actually made me laugh because after I posted I asked myself why I didn't just punch him. But I remembered that I didn't want to do that and upset my mom, so walking away just seemed better at the time.

Quoting lazyd:

LadyReal
by Member on Aug. 7, 2013 at 12:48 AM

You seem to have a lot going on and under a lot of stress.  You did the right thing by just walking away from the situation for a moment.  Hopefully in the future things won't be so tense in the house and communication can be better established.  Good Luck

rgba
by Member on Aug. 7, 2013 at 12:50 AM
You all live together?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SMInProgress
by on Aug. 7, 2013 at 1:09 AM

He's lucky I wasn't there or I would have just picked the litter box up & thrown it at him :)

Get yourself together. Whether you want to go downstairs or not, or take a walk or not just know that baby brothers will always be self entitled little brats. He's also feels he has no control over the situation---which doesn't give him a right to behave like an a$$hole---but at least you'll better understand that this meltdown of his has nothing to do with you. It's just an a$$hole overreaction from your a$$hole younger brother :)

AshCH
by on Aug. 7, 2013 at 3:57 AM
1 mom liked this
I wouldve punched him in the throat and then while he was gasping thrown him in the yard and locked the door!
goldilocksbecky
by on Aug. 7, 2013 at 7:07 AM

I'm not one for confrontation, but you need to stand up to him and set him straight or this will keep happening.  Let him know that he is not ever to talk to you like that again.  Does he live there?  If not, you need to tell your Mom that he came in causing trouble and that if he doesn't settle down you're going to tell him to leave.  

2Sparrows4ever
by on Aug. 7, 2013 at 7:31 AM
After reading your post I just thought, I would have thrown a brick at his head LOL

Big (((HUGS))) brothers are jerks.. trust me, I know, I have 4!! And our sister totally agrees!

Quoting RachynKennie:

Quoting lazyd:

johnny4ever
38 minutes ago
by Mrs. Depp on Aug. 7, 2013 at 7:36 AM

Jerk!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN