Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

lets talk stretch marks!!!

Posted by on Aug. 10, 2013 at 11:29 AM
  • 31 Replies
I have only one child its been 5years and I still find myself crying over them I hate them I jave only been with her dad and recently split I am horrified at the thought of getting intimate with someone else can anybody share their story of how they moved on with stretch marks how did ur new boyfriends react to seeing u with stretcharks for the first time?
by on Aug. 10, 2013 at 11:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SMInProgress
by on Aug. 10, 2013 at 11:38 AM
1 mom liked this

Lights off always. Not ideal but when I find out who Kate Gossling's plastic surgeon is, I'll write  a post :)

BatMom.
by on Aug. 10, 2013 at 11:42 AM
I'm sorry. Mine are really light, but I'd love them just as much if they were darker. They're my Mommie Badge of Honor.
I had a roommate who had them so bad, they bled. Even three years later, they looked like they wanted to. She hated them so much..I probably would, too, in that case.
goddess99
by Michelle on Aug. 10, 2013 at 11:44 AM
2 moms liked this

My dh who I met when my dd was 4, has never said anything. I just asked him what he thought of my stretch marks and he said, what stretch marks? LOL yeah men don't notice!

justme9782
by on Aug. 10, 2013 at 11:48 AM
If mine were light or just a few I would totally luv them I have friends who have light ones too or just a few and I find it sexy still but my whole stomach is covered and wrinkle looking I hate it I don't know what to do I wonder if any one has the same problem and how they deal with dating at this point?
MonicaP76
by on Aug. 10, 2013 at 11:54 AM

I also hate my stretch marks.. I did get lucky though and only got two on my belly. The majority of them are on my hips and breast.. They are really light these days though.. I've been done having babies for 11 years.

TotalGemini
by on Aug. 10, 2013 at 12:03 PM
1 mom liked this
Mine r pretty badly indented more towards the front of my stomach. i hated em for a long time then i started tanning and noticed they were less noticeable when i was tan. most guys dont care especially if they already know you have kids. its kinda expected. but i usually crack jokes about my stretch marks to see how the guy reacts..
Janet
by Ruby Member on Aug. 13, 2013 at 3:45 PM

I got them with my first pregnancy too. I went on to have two more. Don't let them bother you. It's all part of having babies. Some peoples skin is more elastic than others so they don't get as many. They are fortunate.

MixtlisMomme
by on Aug. 13, 2013 at 5:16 PM

I have none BUT my linea negra never quite completely faded away. bleh i've learned to live with it.

momtodab
by on Aug. 13, 2013 at 5:19 PM

I have a 6 month old and a almost 4 year old... i have them... when i met my now Dh (already had my 4 year old) he knew i had a baby... when the subject came up i told him i had strech marks and showed him my belly. there not awful but there worse now since i just had a baby... i dont LOVE them but i dont hate them i guess since i have them i have adjusted. just wear those warrior stripes with style! Maybe do some zumba and make yourself feel sexy! :) The right man wont care about a few marks :)

BUT hey deosnt it just suck that men get to keep their bodies while us woman have to do it all, be prego, give birth, and have periods and ruin (lack of better word) our bodies, and what do they get ? lol Nothing! 

OliviasMommy611
by on Aug. 13, 2013 at 5:32 PM
They totally don't lol

Quoting goddess99:

My dh who I met when my dd was 4, has never said anything. I just asked him what he thought of my stretch marks and he said, what stretch marks? LOL yeah men don't notice!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)