Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

would you like this as a gift?

Mobile Photo

I hope I'm posting this in the right place. I have been working on this baby blanket for some time (baby due in September for Brother In Law) some times I love it some times I hate it. would you like this gift as a mother?

should I finish it or not
will be square when finnished

Thank you everone who has commented
you have refilled my desire to finish the baby blanket and not set it on fire lol
by on Aug. 12, 2013 at 12:46 PM
Replies (121-130):
MaggieO
by on Sep. 3, 2013 at 8:23 PM

The fact that you took the time to make this by hand will (or should) mean the world to the recipient.  I would love to receive a handmade blanket.  angel mini

MidnightKat
by on Sep. 3, 2013 at 8:43 PM

It is Beautiful !   Love the colors !  

Yes I would give it as a gift :)

Colter
by on Sep. 4, 2013 at 1:22 PM

Sorry, but I really don't like it.  I would appreciate your efforts then shove it in the closet to hide away.  

alf2651
by Member on Sep. 4, 2013 at 1:33 PM

I think it's beautiful! I would love it.

CafeMom Tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

hds_02
by on Sep. 4, 2013 at 1:58 PM

I like it.  My grandma made me a baby afghan to set back for whenever I had kids.  She passed away eight years ago and my daughter was born six years after Grandma's passing.  It was a cold and snowy winter whenever my daughter was born, so guess what blanket was wrapped around my daughter when she came home from the hospital?  It was the last thing Grandma ever made and holds a special place in my heart.  I appreciated anything and everything given to me when my kiddo was first born, but I have to say, the homemade items meant even more to me due to the time and thought that went into them.  Keep making it and please post a picture once it is complete.  You don't know how some day that blanket may be cherished.

massconfusion14
by on Sep. 4, 2013 at 4:54 PM

I LOVE it!

.Peaches.
by on Sep. 4, 2013 at 6:55 PM

I think it looks great- I was a little confused by the shape until you said it would be square lol

katyq
by on Sep. 4, 2013 at 8:06 PM

I LOVE hand sewn gifts :) i think its beautiful and very thoughtful

Jenn8604
by Bronze Member on Sep. 4, 2013 at 8:08 PM
Are you done yet?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
beinghuman
by on Sep. 4, 2013 at 8:34 PM

Handmade items are the best. We have a blanket that is both horribly ugly but also our fave just because of the time and care put into it. 

Yours is much prettier =)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN