Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

How often do you grocery shop?

Posted by on Aug. 14, 2013 at 2:54 PM
  • 32 Replies

I love grocery shopping. I make my lists based upon what I am making plus will add in a few 'just in case' extras.

I shop for 2 weeks, but lately (the last couple of months) I am finding that I am having to make more and more quick trips in between scheduled shopping days. Because of this, I am spending quite a bit more money than usual.

How often do you grocery shop? Do your supplies last until the next scheduled trip? How do you keep on track?

by on Aug. 14, 2013 at 2:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Miss_Mandy80
by on Aug. 14, 2013 at 2:57 PM

I shop once a Week. Different deals & sales every week =)

aj_mom
by Bronze Member on Aug. 14, 2013 at 3:00 PM

Usually once a week

johnny4ever
by Mrs. Depp on Aug. 14, 2013 at 3:56 PM

Every Friday....

johnny4ever
by Mrs. Depp on Aug. 14, 2013 at 3:57 PM

I follow a few bloggers on FB and they have coupon roundups so I like getting the best deal possible.

mariekay
by on Aug. 14, 2013 at 4:11 PM

Every week.  I use Southern Savers to find deals and match them with my coupons.

MonicaP76
by on Aug. 14, 2013 at 4:57 PM

I shop weekly because we eat fresh. Fresh food won't generally last longer than a week... The only thing that I sometimes run out of is Milk before the next scheduled trip. We go through about 2 gals a week, sometimes we will run out a day early, but I won't make an extra trip.

i keep track by making lists. I make a grocery list, and also I plan weekly meals.

MistressMinerva
by Jennifer on Aug. 14, 2013 at 4:58 PM

Usually twice a week.

newwifenmom
by Bronze Member on Aug. 14, 2013 at 6:26 PM

Usually twice a month for most stuff but we get fresh stuff once a week. I make lists and things do usually last until the next trip.

momtodab
by Member on Aug. 14, 2013 at 6:45 PM

Same here, i go on a BIG Trip once a month for things i can freeze and that dont go bad like paper plates or if sale on meat i freeze. Then i go every friday and get fresh veggies and such and plan my meals for the whole week on the following sat and I DONT break a meal plan for any reason haha lol

Quoting MonicaP76:

I shop weekly because we eat fresh. Fresh food won't generally last longer than a week... The only thing that I sometimes run out of is Milk before the next scheduled trip. We go through about 2 gals a week, sometimes we will run out a day early, but I won't make an extra trip.

i keep track by making lists. I make a grocery list, and also I plan weekly meals.

slgilliam
by on Aug. 14, 2013 at 9:04 PM

I usually go 1-2 times a week. I get big stuff once a week but I make extra trips for juice and fresh veggies/fruits.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)