Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

okay long story short, i was fired while on workmens comp, went to see a lawyer, they want to wait till after im released for work so i can make up for lost wages, ive been off work since april and doubt my comp doc will send me back until after i have the baby in nov. and can have tests run, they have 120 days to file the lawsuit,

1. im not sure if its 120 from the date of injury or date i saw the lawyer

2. what happens if i cant go back to work say feb (as an example) will it ever be filed?

ive never been thru something like this and was just wondering what others on here have or know somene who has been thru this

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

by on Aug. 14, 2013 at 7:17 PM
Replies (11-18):
pamelax3
by Member on Aug. 15, 2013 at 4:09 PM

That is what a lot of people miss when they are on workers comp, even if you got hurt and your boss was fully aware of it, you need to call for each and every shift until you are taken off the schedule.. Was there a way to email your supervisors?

Quoting mileysmom331:

well after they fired me may 24 and i didnt find out till end of june, i finally got a hold of someone to tell me why, they said because i had several no call no shows (even though i had valid excuses and called religiously but couldnt get anyone to answer and or call me back) so they fired me, and of course keep harrassing me to take some survey as to why i left even though i didnt leave i got fired. and the last time i decided to speak to them they got extremely rude and hateful and continued to blame me, my boss the night i got hurt didnt care i was in the hospital with those injuries plus a blood clot under my placenta she was mad because i went to the hospital instead of finishing my job. really? i couldnt walk i at first strained my back, left shoulder and sprained my left ankle, now my ankle and shoulder are fine but they think ive pinched a nerve.

Quoting pamelax3:

Oh ok! So what was their reasoning for firing you? Under Workers comp, the only real way you can be fired is if you are found to be committing fraud

Quoting mileysmom331:

lord know I haven't been able to have sex since I got hurt way to painful, I got pregnant in feb well found out in feb my last period was end of January and I got hurt april 7
Quoting pamelax3:

DId you get pregnant after you started workers comp?

Quoting mileysmom331:

back injury possible pinched nerve, they cant do anything as far as testing yet, they wont until I deliver, my left side of my lower back plus my left him and left leg throb and go numb most of the time and this happened before I was really really pregnant I was only a few months along
Quoting pamelax3:

depends on what you are on workers comp for

mileysmom331
by Member on Aug. 15, 2013 at 4:12 PM

at that time i was off for two months i should have been off the schedule, but as for the email, me perosnally no, i called and other people said they emailed her for me, i went in twice and they said she was gone already when i know she wasnt, she knew i was coming in cause i called a head of time, she never returned my calls, i called from both my house numbers since i have a seperate line and my cell, DH cell and my moms cell and she never would return my calls i left her messages and everything she claims she never got them.

Quoting pamelax3:

That is what a lot of people miss when they are on workers comp, even if you got hurt and your boss was fully aware of it, you need to call for each and every shift until you are taken off the schedule.. Was there a way to email your supervisors?

Quoting mileysmom331:

well after they fired me may 24 and i didnt find out till end of june, i finally got a hold of someone to tell me why, they said because i had several no call no shows (even though i had valid excuses and called religiously but couldnt get anyone to answer and or call me back) so they fired me, and of course keep harrassing me to take some survey as to why i left even though i didnt leave i got fired. and the last time i decided to speak to them they got extremely rude and hateful and continued to blame me, my boss the night i got hurt didnt care i was in the hospital with those injuries plus a blood clot under my placenta she was mad because i went to the hospital instead of finishing my job. really? i couldnt walk i at first strained my back, left shoulder and sprained my left ankle, now my ankle and shoulder are fine but they think ive pinched a nerve.

Quoting pamelax3:

Oh ok! So what was their reasoning for firing you? Under Workers comp, the only real way you can be fired is if you are found to be committing fraud

Quoting mileysmom331:

lord know I haven't been able to have sex since I got hurt way to painful, I got pregnant in feb well found out in feb my last period was end of January and I got hurt april 7
Quoting pamelax3:

Quoting mileysmom331:

back injury possible pinched nerve, they cant do anything as far as testing yet, they wont until I deliver, my left side of my lower back plus my left him and left leg throb and go numb most of the time and this happened before I was really really pregnant I was only a few months along
Quoting pamelax3:

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers

pamelax3
by Member on Aug. 15, 2013 at 4:31 PM

I would contact another attorney, get the copies of the emails from the people who emailed her and all the copies of the phone bill where you called in. Speak with an attorney that does wrongful termination unless you work in a right to work state

Quoting mileysmom331:

at that time i was off for two months i should have been off the schedule, but as for the email, me perosnally no, i called and other people said they emailed her for me, i went in twice and they said she was gone already when i know she wasnt, she knew i was coming in cause i called a head of time, she never returned my calls, i called from both my house numbers since i have a seperate line and my cell, DH cell and my moms cell and she never would return my calls i left her messages and everything she claims she never got them.

Quoting pamelax3:

Quoting mileysmom331:

Quoting pamelax3:

Quoting mileysmom331:

Quoting pamelax3:

Quoting mileysmom331:

Quoting pamelax3:

mileysmom331
by Member on Aug. 15, 2013 at 5:07 PM
I have a wrongful termination "team" lawyers, and I tried to get the stuff from them but like I said they don't return my calls, I told my lawyers if they wanted to fight with them they could I told em I just don't have the time anymore, and when I do have the time, they are closed, (my former workplace) I dropped my work excuse off to my lawyer today so he will probably call tomorrow if not I will and ill ask him all this
Quoting pamelax3:

I would contact another attorney, get the copies of the emails from the people who emailed her and all the copies of the phone bill where you called in. Speak with an attorney that does wrongful termination unless you work in a right to work state

Quoting mileysmom331:

Quoting pamelax3:

Quoting mileysmom331:

Quoting pamelax3:

Quoting mileysmom331:

Quoting pamelax3:

Quoting mileysmom331:

Quoting pamelax3:

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers

Basherte
by Bronze Member on Aug. 16, 2013 at 10:05 AM

I would push the issue with your attorneys. They have no legal right to fire you while you are on workers comp. Period.

Well unless it is found that you are committing fraud. You aren't doing that. so I would push it as hard as I could and sue the company. Immediately.

CafeMom Tickers
mileysmom331
by Member on Aug. 16, 2013 at 10:16 AM

either me or DH are gonna call today he is more forceful than i am, and im gonna see what we can do.

Quoting Basherte:

I would push the issue with your attorneys. They have no legal right to fire you while you are on workers comp. Period.

Well unless it is found that you are committing fraud. You aren't doing that. so I would push it as hard as I could and sue the company. Immediately.

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers

Basherte
by Bronze Member on Aug. 16, 2013 at 10:21 AM

Good luck. Have him if you can. *giggles* Just because he is more forceful. I would be having mine make the call too, just because he is more forceful than I am as well.

Keep us updated, please? You shouldn't have to be going through this right now. All you should have to do is relax and heal. *sending healing energies*

Quoting mileysmom331:

either me or DH are gonna call today he is more forceful than i am, and im gonna see what we can do.

Quoting Basherte:

CafeMom Tickers
EarlGrayHot
by on Aug. 16, 2013 at 10:36 AM

Sue the dickens out of 'em!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)