Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

I need advice :(

Posted by on Aug. 14, 2013 at 10:35 PM
  • 3 Replies

When my daughter was born, I had a not so great c-section experience. They knocked me out twice and each time I woke up, I had an anxiety attack and couldn't breathe.

Anyway, my Dentist told me I need to get my Wisdom Teeth removed because they're realigning all my straight teeth (2 years of braces). I have major headaches because it's aching (now I understand the pain of a teething baby). 

The problem is, I'm still breastfeeding, DD turned 6 months today, I'm not a big freak about BF vs FF but I can't afford formula so I would have to pump for awhile. My schedule is already hectic and I don't even want to think about waking up in the middle of the night to pump. (she wakes up once maybe twice in 10-12 hours of sleeping)

Right now, 2 teeth have broken skin, one is in total pain, I'm just waiting for the other 3 to kill me or I can take this surgery and get it over in a week or so. I'm just worried about getting knocked out and having another anxiety attack which will be difficult to recover from and take care of DD. Also, I'm a FT student and working PT so there's not much room to even schedule a surgery and recover.

Advice please?

by on Aug. 14, 2013 at 10:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
nenemarie
by on Aug. 14, 2013 at 11:09 PM
i have had one wisdom tooth pulled and i still need another one pulled i am a mother of two boys that are handfull and currently 9 months pregnant with my 3 rd son i am due in 2 weeks and after that i am going to get my other wisdom tooth pulled after i have the baby and yes i understand where your coming from my hubby's job rewuires him to go out of town and even out of state and i would get tit pulled so that your not in pain i understand you have work and schooland have to take care of your daughter but would you be happier to be pain free and going to school and work and taking care of your babygirl or would you rather be in pain going to school and work and taking care of her i am just giving you advice and helpful hints but its all up to you best of luck and best wishes to youand your babygirl
honeygram4
by on Aug. 15, 2013 at 3:06 PM

You need to make it a point to take care of you, so that you can take good care of your dd... is there a break in your school schedule coming up? Try to request off work and schedule it then to get it done. Good luck!

Jinxed8
by Silver Member on Aug. 15, 2013 at 4:56 PM

I don't know what to tell you ... but here's what crossed my mind you can't afford formula but you can afford to have your wisdom teeth removed ?

Personally I lived through the pain and didn't get my teeth pulled. My front bottom teeth are crooked now. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN