Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Why do parents assume their kids don't like "adult food"?

Posted by on Aug. 16, 2013 at 1:01 AM
  • 61 Replies
3 moms liked this

My girls never really had the option to be picky. I eat healthy, therefore so do my kids. We have a very limited amount of junk in our house. Whatever I make is what they get. If they genuinely do not like dinner then I will whip them up something else after, but I refuse to make myself something yummy and make my kids a PB&J. 

We had friends over tonight for dinner and I didn't have a "kids menu" made for the kids (mine and theirs). I served the kids exactly what we were having. All the kids devoured their dinner AND two asked for more. They were shocked that their kids actually ate yummy, nutritious food. I knew people complained about picky eaters but are a lot of these parents actually just assuming their kids are picky?!

Notice I said a lot not all.

by on Aug. 16, 2013 at 1:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
britmichele
by on Aug. 16, 2013 at 1:03 AM
What did you make?
britmichele
by on Aug. 16, 2013 at 1:04 AM
My son has always eaten what I eat. So I'm not one to complain. He isn't picky
raczac
by Member on Aug. 16, 2013 at 1:07 AM
2 moms liked this
Mine eat what we eat always have.
deadlights86
by on Aug. 16, 2013 at 1:10 AM
My mom was shocked that my 8 yo likes artichoke. She called it an adult food. It was Ds idea to try it I had never eaten it before either so it was an adventure for the both of us. What did you make?
mymanben
by on Aug. 16, 2013 at 1:18 AM
I know people like that. My ds (3) is a picky eater. But he has spd, so a lot of textures bother him.
Jenn8604
by Bronze Member on Aug. 16, 2013 at 1:21 AM
same here except my ds doesn't have enough sensory issues to be classified as having a SPD. Just sensory issues.

Quoting mymanben:

I know people like that. My ds (3) is a picky eater. But he has spd, so a lot of textures bother him.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mymanben
by on Aug. 16, 2013 at 1:26 AM
How old is your ds? Its amazing how much sensory issues can mess with eating habbits

Quoting Jenn8604:

same here except my ds doesn't have enough sensory issues to be classified as having a SPD. Just sensory issues.

Quoting mymanben:

Jenn8604
by Bronze Member on Aug. 16, 2013 at 1:31 AM
5. He also has autism. And yes it is quite amazing. but he's been getting better since he started school. but he also smells everything and if it doesn't smell right to him he won't try it.

Quoting mymanben:

How old is your ds? Its amazing how much sensory issues can mess with eating habbits

Quoting Jenn8604:

Quoting mymanben:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SweetPea2004
by Member on Aug. 16, 2013 at 1:32 AM

I despise kids menus it is just junk 

MilfordMomma
by Member on Aug. 16, 2013 at 9:15 AM

Tilapia with brown rice, asparagus, and squash and zucchini. I know it's a weird meal if friends are coming over, but we talked about having them try tilapia some time.

Quoting britmichele:

What did you make?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN