Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Has anyone else experienced ? ( piog)

Posted by on Aug. 16, 2013 at 1:20 AM
  • 14 Replies
A toddler/ preschooler that has already developed sleeping walking?

At first I thought it was just playing in my the middle of the night because his light was on.
However, I don't hear toys or " hyperness" ya know? "

Just abnormal noises. I go in and sometimes the light is on, sometime it's off and he's hard to find , which freaks me out, obviously. My husband got him back to bed last night, however , this morning, I found about half his socks under his desk ... Right where DH found him last night.

A fully awake 3 yr old doesn't move around socks and his step stool around.

They talk, come find you, or find that fire engine you thought you hid!

Tonight, he is just in his night pull ups and was tucked in tightly. I hope he stays there. If am awakened at night, I don't go back to sleep so it makes the day almost unbearable.
He refuses naps, now. The compromise has been " you must rest in your bed for awhile. Here are some books and two cars. He stays quiet, but never sleeps.

The point is, I think he is sleepwalking already, and my worry for him trumps my ability to sleep.

Besides keeping the floor clear, and a gate are the hallway locked in case he leaves his room... Is there anything besides his strict bedtime routine I can do? This has been going on four two months.
by on Aug. 16, 2013 at 1:20 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Momofmenagerie
by Bronze Member on Aug. 16, 2013 at 1:21 AM
Bump
spiritsheart22
by on Aug. 16, 2013 at 1:23 AM

Bump

catevincesmom
by on Aug. 16, 2013 at 6:26 AM

BUMP!

Shama10
by on Aug. 16, 2013 at 9:53 AM
My heart goes out to you as you are trying to figure out what is best for your son. It is tough when sleep gets interrupted, isn't it? Have you considered calling your doctor to see what he/she would recommend you do? I know for me, after I discuss my concerns with my doctor for any medical issue, I can be given peace of mind and/or a plan of action. I'll be praying for you. Keep us posted. {{HUGS}} Shama
momtodab
by on Aug. 16, 2013 at 10:27 AM
I would take him to his pediatrician. I hope you get it figured out.
Janet
by Ruby Member on Aug. 16, 2013 at 2:42 PM

I would give your ped. a call. It sounds like you are doing all you can do.

Momofmenagerie
by Bronze Member on Aug. 16, 2013 at 7:45 PM
Thank you. Yes it is. Concern about your child comes off as sounding like whining sometimes... I'm just worried and then can't sleep making our days more stressful because of no sleep for being worried about him... Vicious cycle.

Quoting Shama10:

My heart goes out to you as you are trying to figure out what is best for your son. It is tough when sleep gets interrupted, isn't it? Have you considered calling your doctor to see what he/she would recommend you do? I know for me, after I discuss my concerns with my doctor for any medical issue, I can be given peace of mind and/or a plan of action.

I'll be praying for you. Keep us posted.

{{HUGS}}

Shama

MistressMinerva
by Jennifer on Aug. 16, 2013 at 8:40 PM

I would call Dr.

suetoo
by Bronze Member on Aug. 17, 2013 at 10:13 AM

Get a door or bed alarm, the kind they use in hospitals and nursing homes for elders who wander. They aren't expensive and they do work. And make sure you have a monitor so you can sleep a little easier. Good luck.

kstchr
by on Aug. 17, 2013 at 7:15 PM

How nerve wracking for you! We had a similar problem with our oldest when she was a toddler...she started climbing out of her crib whenever she woke up (day or middle of the night), so we moved her to a toddler bed before we had planned to, just for safety's sake. People thought we were crazy, but I was worried she'd fall from climbing out of her crib in the middle of the night, and her toddler bed was much lower!  We also put a baby gate in her room doorway, just so we wouldn't have to worry about where she'd go if we didn't hear her in the middle of the night.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN