Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm sure it was a typo & I probably should have went... ETA

Posted by on Aug. 16, 2013 at 8:41 PM
  • 2 Replies

earlier than the Friday before school started BUT... the bus garage has my son getting off at a stop located at a house... house #1837 Stouder to be exact (not that you all know where that is LOL). But when I went to show him where it was it wasn't there! We walked up the street a ways & saw 1821, 1831, 1839, & 1847... but not 1837. I'm sure it's suppose to be 1847 because that's on the corner. But still... for kids who have never ridden a bus before this is a big deal! He's already nervous to begin with! 

I did just reassure him that one of his older sisters will be waiting at the stop for him everyday & to be sure as soon as he gets on the bus to start paying attention to where he is at so he will recognize the neighborhood. The bus will probably go right by our house anyway so he will know where he is once he sees our house. Plus there is a high school right across the street from our house & I know he can't miss that!!

Luckily my boss is letting me off work 2 hours early on Monday to make sure he gets off the bus okay. I haven't told him because we weren't sure if I would get off work early. 

ETA Just went to the district webpage again & see that the bus number for my DDs is different than the letter the transportation dept letters said! Same stop, time, & driver so I figure that is nothing to worry about. And luckily they go to the same middle school. This is all just crazy. Nothing was posted until this past week on the site & we didn't get letters in the mail til this past week. And I had to call the bus garage the other day to make sure what bus my senior son will jump on & they had him going to a local career center & not his school! *sigh* And if that is the case- I never got a letter for that! 

But all is good- I'm just a worry-wart! LOL I'm already thinking about spring break & signing my now 4 year old up for kindergarten!!

by on Aug. 16, 2013 at 8:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
SlapItHigh
by on Aug. 17, 2013 at 12:41 AM
Awe poor guy, that is a bit scary. Glad you will be there when he gets off the first day. He will get used to it quickly.
Pammi86
by Pamela on Aug. 17, 2013 at 1:03 AM

Good luck!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)