Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

if u have more than one child

Posted by on Aug. 18, 2013 at 10:27 PM
  • 14 Replies
and they are close together, is it hard to juggle both?? my DD is 17 months old she will be at 20 months when DS is born, how did u cope was jealousy an issue. what should I expect?
CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
by on Aug. 18, 2013 at 10:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mom2Phoenix2011
by Member on Aug. 18, 2013 at 10:31 PM
Mine are twenty months apart and my son was not thrilled the first week. But now three months later he is thrilled and loves to cuddle and love his sister.
Mom2Phoenix2011
by Member on Aug. 18, 2013 at 10:32 PM
Also make sure to do some one on one time with the older one.
catevincesmom
by on Aug. 18, 2013 at 10:34 PM

Mine are 15mo apart.  Obviously, dd was too young to verbally express her feelings & we doubt she knew exactly what was going on.  All she knew was, there's another baby here. . . She seemed more insecure than jealous, if I had to guess.  Now, they are very close.   I have a pic of her when Bubby was 2 mo old, we were @ the portrait studio, & she just bent down & kissed him.  So sweet. 

Mommy2Boys0900
by Unique Yanique on Aug. 19, 2013 at 8:17 AM
My boys are 8.5 years apart and sadly, my 12 year old is extremely jealous of his little brother. Its annoying b/c I figured by this age he would be over it by now.
LadyReal
by Member on Aug. 19, 2013 at 8:20 AM

Every kids is different and so is the situation, the best advice I can give is just enjoy it and do the best you can.  Also, always be prepared for the unexpected and keep the interactions close together amongst the kids. 

mcginnisc
by Member on Aug. 19, 2013 at 8:26 AM

Mine are 2 years 9 months apart. It was not planned at all. We've decided that God has a sense of humor as 8 months after we brought our dd home from China, we found out that I was pregnant. In the beginning, it was tougher to juggle an almost 3 year old and a medically fragile infant, but...once I got into a routine with them both, it was a breeze. Now that they are both in school and EC activities, it can be challenging at times. I have found that as long as we stick to a routine, it is much easier. 

Lilly was never jealous of Karli. They are very close. Do they bicker? Ummm.. all.the.time..they *are* girls close in age, but they are best friends and adore each other. The older child typically adjust rather quickly to having a sibling. 

Claire

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13 

LottsaJava
by on Aug. 19, 2013 at 1:46 PM

My kiddos are 21 months apart.  I felt so guilty when my DD was born, thinking my DS would think we didn't love him anymore.  I found that if I called her "our baby" and let him "hold" her, he liked that.  Also, I would make a point of spending a few moments with him before I fed his sister.  Even if she was crying.  He was much more tolerant of my feeding her if he had had a few  moments alone with mommy.  Good luck!

drowningmama
by on Aug. 19, 2013 at 2:00 PM

Mine are 20 months apart then another one 14 months later.  There is no jealousy.  They get along fine.  I think it depends on the kids themselves!

happymomma13
by Member on Aug. 19, 2013 at 2:03 PM
1 mom liked this
My dd is 7 mos and I'm pregnant so I'm wondering the same thing!
happymomma13
by Member on Aug. 19, 2013 at 2:30 PM
2 years and 9 months doesn't seem too close together.
I mean, that's almost 3 years apart!

My brother and I are 15 months apart and we get along great now.
But as kids we bickered back and forth a lot. My poor mom.

That's so funny though, God DOES have a sense of humor.

Quoting mcginnisc:

Mine are 2 years 9 months apart. It was not planned at all. We've decided that God has a sense of humor as 8 months after we brought our dd home from China, we found out that I was pregnant. In the beginning, it was tougher to juggle an almost 3 year old and a medically fragile infant, but...once I got into a routine with them both, it was a breeze. Now that they are both in school and EC activities, it can be challenging at times. I have found that as long as we stick to a routine, it is much easier. 

Lilly was never jealous of Karli. They are very close. Do they bicker? Ummm.. all.the.time..they *are* girls close in age, but they are best friends and adore each other. The older child typically adjust rather quickly to having a sibling. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN