Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Why are people so hateful!!??

Posted by on Aug. 19, 2013 at 11:48 AM
  • 69 Replies

Have you seen this letter?
It is going around the internet.
At first, I admit, I thought it was fake because I cannot imagine ANY mother writing something like this. Then, a friend sent me the link to a news story about it where they interviewed the family who received it. Unfortunately, it is true, which makes me sick to my stomach.

WARNING: Harsh hateful language is in the letter.

Is it ever okay to send a hateful letter or message  to anyone? 

by on Aug. 19, 2013 at 11:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SMInProgress
by on Aug. 19, 2013 at 11:51 AM

Wow is this even real? I guess it would be considering the amount of hate crimes we still have to this day.  Sounds like the mother of a future sniper, unfortunately.

Reina13
by Bronze Member on Aug. 19, 2013 at 12:21 PM

I thought it was an internet hoax at first, but earlier this morning, I watched the news video about it. They interviewed the family. It is just awful.

Quoting SMInProgress:

Wow is this even real? I guess it would be considering the amount of hate crimes we still have to this day.  Sounds like the mother of a future sniper, unfortunately.

Jinxed8
by Silver Member on Aug. 19, 2013 at 1:40 PM

that letter is way overkill - she is way too harsh, rude and mean but, for one mom to blow a gasket like this? I say there are 2 sides to the story.   Based on a personal experience that I've had with a neighborhood kid who had special needs (including violent outbursts towards other children), maybe the mom needed a dose of reality, however, the author of the letter went too far.

I ask you this : If her child is mentally handicapped ? Why in the world is he outside by himself , unsupervised ????  

MistressMinerva
by Jennifer on Aug. 19, 2013 at 2:17 PM

That is just mean.

KW1280
by Member on Aug. 19, 2013 at 2:25 PM
1 mom liked this
There is no excuse at ALL for this letter. Just awful
Janet
by Ruby Member on Aug. 19, 2013 at 2:43 PM

Horrible!

johnny4ever
by Mrs. Depp on Aug. 19, 2013 at 2:47 PM

Seen on FB!

BreezeAlanna
by on Aug. 19, 2013 at 2:48 PM
2 moms liked this

Because she hates herself.

Total projection.

HaileysMom07180
by Member on Aug. 19, 2013 at 2:56 PM
1 mom liked this

this makes me sad for her and angry.  i have 1 special needs dd and 2 special needs nephews (they are with us frequently because their mom deploys quite a bit and their dad is a dead beat).  we do live on the top level of an apartment complex and they can be noisy.  however, i have asked my neighbors to let me know if they are being to loud.  she usually does and she's usually nice about it.  my dd is pretty minor but my youngest nephew will frequently bang his head on the floor when he's frustrated, usually when he does that the neighbor will call me to make sure he is ok or to let me know if he's in his room and doing it.

Reina13
by Bronze Member on Aug. 19, 2013 at 4:35 PM
1 mom liked this

Bump for edit. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)