Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

should i get a second opinion??

Posted by on Aug. 19, 2013 at 6:27 PM
  • 29 Replies

my mother and I are tempted to call the midwife hotline which is basically L&D because we arent getting answers, my mother had pre-eclampsia with me and i was 10 weeks early her signs started the same time mine did, although hers was full blown, i did a 24 hour it came back 175 but my next visit they found blood and protein, they sent it off to be cultured thinking it was an infection but it wasnt, my bp is incredibly unstable it will go up and shoot down, i keep headaches, i cant keep focus (my eye sight) i see "stars" i stay tired, i keep cramps, pressure in my crotch (lol) my legs hurt (which is normal) i have slight swelling but none that i can really say is awful.

im terrified, im getting more anxious by the minute, im irritable where im scared, im convinced something is going on, im terrified its gonna turn into HELLP or ill lose my life or my sons life, and if i lose a child it will be like ive lost myself, my mom had me at 30 weeks ill be 30 weeks saturday, should i just wait till friday when i see the midwife or wait till tomorrow to see what they tell me when they call. im worried to death, im losing sleep over it big time, i toss and turn all night terrified i wont wake up :(

i just need help big time.

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

by on Aug. 19, 2013 at 6:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
OliviasMommy611
by on Aug. 19, 2013 at 6:39 PM
You can, if it makes you feel more comfortable.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mileysmom331
by on Aug. 19, 2013 at 7:45 PM

i just dont know whats wrong with me, my bp was literally 104/87 i feel like shit constantly, my vision is awful im scared to death.

Quoting OliviasMommy611:

You can, if it makes you feel more comfortable.

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers

LeJane
by Member on Aug. 19, 2013 at 9:51 PM

http://www.ask.com/question/1800-ask-a-nurse

This is a great resource.   I would call them and ask.    

splatz
by Sarah on Aug. 19, 2013 at 10:19 PM

I don't think it could hurt!

mileysmom331
by on Aug. 19, 2013 at 10:22 PM

do you think im over reacting? i mean this is not my first child but with the protein (im not sure how much she found she didnt tell me) and the small amount of blood it freaks me out

Quoting splatz:

I don't think it could hurt!

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers

MikeysMom22
by Member on Aug. 19, 2013 at 10:28 PM

I would call someone too. If the midwife won't answer questions.. maybe time to find someone else, just my opinion. Also, if it is pre-eclampsia you may need a regular OB.

Noni2319
by Chrissy on Aug. 20, 2013 at 8:34 AM
I would get a second opinion.
MusherMaggie
by Bronze Member on Aug. 20, 2013 at 12:26 PM
Definitely call, and keep calling until you get some answers. Are you on bed rest? And staying hydrated?
mileysmom331
by on Aug. 20, 2013 at 1:29 PM

hydrated yes, bed rest no, i feel a little better since i slept better last night but still dont feel the best in the world, if they dont call in the next 30 mins im calling them i really dont want to go to the doctor thats in that office, so if something isnt done by friday, i have a feeling, me, DH and my mother are gonna call some different doctors, i think its a little late to change doctors but i have to do whats best, and i dont feel that this particular doctor will take care of me since he didnt try the first time (with DD which is why i switched) and didnt with my cousin when she was pregnant (we both have medical cards)

Quoting MusherMaggie:

Definitely call, and keep calling until you get some answers. Are you on bed rest? And staying hydrated?

Janet
by Ruby Member on Aug. 20, 2013 at 3:23 PM

Yes, I would call and see what they say.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)