Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

should i get a second opinion??

Posted by   + Show Post

my mother and I are tempted to call the midwife hotline which is basically L&D because we arent getting answers, my mother had pre-eclampsia with me and i was 10 weeks early her signs started the same time mine did, although hers was full blown, i did a 24 hour it came back 175 but my next visit they found blood and protein, they sent it off to be cultured thinking it was an infection but it wasnt, my bp is incredibly unstable it will go up and shoot down, i keep headaches, i cant keep focus (my eye sight) i see "stars" i stay tired, i keep cramps, pressure in my crotch (lol) my legs hurt (which is normal) i have slight swelling but none that i can really say is awful.

im terrified, im getting more anxious by the minute, im irritable where im scared, im convinced something is going on, im terrified its gonna turn into HELLP or ill lose my life or my sons life, and if i lose a child it will be like ive lost myself, my mom had me at 30 weeks ill be 30 weeks saturday, should i just wait till friday when i see the midwife or wait till tomorrow to see what they tell me when they call. im worried to death, im losing sleep over it big time, i toss and turn all night terrified i wont wake up :(

i just need help big time.

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

by on Aug. 19, 2013 at 6:27 PM
Replies (21-29):
notjstanothrmom
by Member on Aug. 20, 2013 at 8:29 PM
1 mom liked this

It can't hurt to be seen. You need peace of mind. I would make an appointment for first thing in the morning, even with someone else.

I am NOT one to jump and see doctors. I had a homebirth and my newborn hasn't even been to see his pediatrician yet at 6+ weeks old. I do feel if you're having those symptoms though being seen is good, even if it's all in your head and you're causing them from paranoia it's good to be rested knowing you are getting another professionals opinion.

Quoting mileysmom331:

i have awful anxiety, im on a new nerve pill since i couldnt take my original, and with the complications i had with DD and the fact my mom had pre-e with me im a little jumpy

Quoting notjstanothrmom:

If you're EVER uncomfortable or unsure you are always within rights to get a second opinion. If you feel something is wrong, don't ignore it. You know your body better than anyone else.

It sounds to me that you're super paranoid and borderline hypochondriac... but if you're truly having these symptoms you should be seen.

I hope it's nothing serious. Good thoughts your way.

Groove
by Member on Aug. 20, 2013 at 8:30 PM
freaking out is only going to make any issues you might have worse. The unstable bp can be a result from any number of things. Have you restricted your sodium intake? When is it you see the stars/spots? Headaches can be from just being pregnant. Comparing this pregnancy to your last is silly considering each pregnancy is different. Has it been hot where you are? Are you able to rest during the times you have spots/headaches?

Quoting mileysmom331:

my 24 hour was 175 but the next urine i gave them idk what it was she didnt tell me, my bp goes up and down at random, with my DD i gained 40 pounds real quick, my bp stayed 140/90 i had everything but the protein this time i have everything but the weight gain and the bp going up and staying up and the swelling, but like i told everyone else i have horrible anxiety for good reasons.

Quoting Groove:

When I had pre eclampsia, they wouldn't induce me til the protein in my urine reached over 4000. Emergency levels are 5000. My bp was also 170/100. And I gained 10 lbs in 5 days.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamOfAnAngel
by on Aug. 20, 2013 at 8:32 PM
You poor woman.. I hope everthing turns out ok for you and your son.
mileysmom331
by on Aug. 20, 2013 at 8:34 PM

i know you would just think its the same body it would be the same ya know? and yes i have reduced salts, im seeing stars/spots at random times doesnt matter if im up doing something or just sitting, DH thinks im having migraines since tylenol does not help, and no its not hot where i am sometimes humid but on those days i dont go out i stay under the air conditioner

Quoting Groove:

freaking out is only going to make any issues you might have worse. The unstable bp can be a result from any number of things. Have you restricted your sodium intake? When is it you see the stars/spots? Headaches can be from just being pregnant. Comparing this pregnancy to your last is silly considering each pregnancy is different. Has it been hot where you are? Are you able to rest during the times you have spots/headaches?

Quoting mileysmom331:

my 24 hour was 175 but the next urine i gave them idk what it was she didnt tell me, my bp goes up and down at random, with my DD i gained 40 pounds real quick, my bp stayed 140/90 i had everything but the protein this time i have everything but the weight gain and the bp going up and staying up and the swelling, but like i told everyone else i have horrible anxiety for good reasons.

Quoting Groove:

When I had pre eclampsia, they wouldn't induce me til the protein in my urine reached over 4000. Emergency levels are 5000. My bp was also 170/100. And I gained 10 lbs in 5 days.

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers

mileysmom331
by on Aug. 20, 2013 at 8:35 PM

i feel crazy lol but then again i do have awful anxiety lol

Quoting MamOfAnAngel:

You poor woman.. I hope everthing turns out ok for you and your son.

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers

SlapItHigh
by on Aug. 20, 2013 at 9:58 PM
Sure, I would get a second opinion if you are concerned.
stormy0142
by on Aug. 20, 2013 at 10:05 PM

That isn't a bad blood pressure...any over 120/90 is considered high.  Get a second opinion if it brings you peace.

Quoting mileysmom331:

i just dont know whats wrong with me, my bp was literally 104/87 i feel like shit constantly, my vision is awful im scared to death.

Quoting OliviasMommy611:

You can, if it makes you feel more comfortable.

aj_mom
by Bronze Member on Aug. 21, 2013 at 2:23 PM

It never hurts to get a second opinion. Hope you get some answers.

MamOfAnAngel
by on Aug. 21, 2013 at 3:37 PM
Oh I know the feeling! :/
You're not crazy just scared and panicking too much ..well you're not panicking too much I would be the same if I was in your shoes! When you feel yourself getting like that you should take a nice relaxing bath and bring your radio and listen to some soothing music. It works for me everytime :)
Quoting mileysmom331:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN