Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

How do you put your toddler down for a nap?

Posted by on Aug. 21, 2013 at 6:52 PM
  • 9 Replies

I haven't had any ideas other than what I do. I try to put my 3 yr old daughter down for a nap around 3pm every afternoon. I lock her door and she fusses but she within a few minutes lays down and goes to sleep. I feel bad doing it this way. My husband doesn't offer any alternate ideas. Any ideas?

by on Aug. 21, 2013 at 6:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
britmichele
by on Aug. 21, 2013 at 6:55 PM
I read my son a book and sing to him until he falls asleep. Usually 2 songs
landen5mom
by on Aug. 21, 2013 at 8:43 PM
I normally just lay her down and make sure she has her favorite blanket and put on a noise maker.
dolphingurl1286
by Member on Aug. 21, 2013 at 8:44 PM
I have him go potty. Then go lay him down. I lay him down anywhere between 1 and 2pm. Depends how fussy he is being. He will be three November 1st.
huntersmama711
by Bronze Member on Aug. 21, 2013 at 8:46 PM
My ds is 2 and I still cuddle him to sleep. During the day tho I have to walk with him and kind of bounce him to sleep for his nap. I need to break that habit soon. Lol
SourRoses
by Member on Aug. 21, 2013 at 8:48 PM
My 3 year takes a nap with no fuss. I say it's nap time and I take him to his room. I give him hugs and kisses and That's it.
Instead of locking the door I have a child safety handle on the inside of the door. I don't like the thought of him waking up in the middle of the night and roaming the house lol. Plus out bedrooms are upstairs.

I see nothing wrong with what your doing. If it works it works.
my.sonshine
by Member on Aug. 21, 2013 at 8:49 PM
Um, yeah I don't think that's right.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SRUsarahSC
by Member on Aug. 21, 2013 at 8:52 PM

Nothing wring with what you are doing. Mine is 22 months she gets a little it of cuddling and then into bed she goes.  She may fuss for a few minutes but then she falls asleep.

splatz
by Sarah on Aug. 22, 2013 at 11:28 AM

Hah... I have I have no idea. Mine quit taking naps just before she turned 2. 

mileysmom331
by on Aug. 22, 2013 at 11:32 AM

well mine is only 17 months, we cant put her in a toddler bed yet, she will get out and run around the room and wont lay in it, i guess she likes the security of the crib. but DD gets a nap at between noon and one, then between 4 and 6 if she wants it, i usually just turn her cartoons one, turn out the light give her a milk bottle or a pacifier and she goes down, but thats a big difference since yours is 3, but honestly i see nothing wrong with what you do, i know its hard but if it works it works.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)