Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Beach Bums!!

Posted by on Aug. 21, 2013 at 9:32 PM
  • 18 Replies
I'm planning on taking a family vacation with my three year old son at the end of the month.

I started packing today and realized that I'm not even sure what to pack. I know we need clothes, swimsuits, sunscreen and other hygienic products but what do I bring for the car ride, rainy days, the actual beach? I'm at a loss here.

Sorry if this is all jumbled. Trying to wrestle my son into the bath tub. Thanks in advance!
by on Aug. 21, 2013 at 9:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jordynlee18
by Member on Aug. 21, 2013 at 9:55 PM
Bump.
jordynlee18
by Member on Aug. 21, 2013 at 10:34 PM
Bump.
SlapItHigh
by on Aug. 22, 2013 at 12:40 AM
We just bring a couple of his fav toys. Where we go there is plenty of stuff to do so we pack light.
jordynlee18
by Member on Aug. 22, 2013 at 12:44 AM
How bad is the car ride there? He's never been in the car for more than an hour.

Quoting SlapItHigh:

We just bring a couple of his fav toys. Where we go there is plenty of stuff to do so we pack light.

johnny4ever
by Mrs. Depp on Aug. 22, 2013 at 8:05 AM

books

johnny4ever
by Mrs. Depp on Aug. 22, 2013 at 8:05 AM

games

splatz
by Sarah on Aug. 22, 2013 at 11:25 AM

How far of a drive is it?

splatz
by Sarah on Aug. 22, 2013 at 11:27 AM

As far as things to do on the actual beach, a few water/sand toys would be more than enough. A shovel, bucket, etc. He will be entertained for hours. 

I wouldn't go crazy bringing stuff to do. Honestly you will probably be so busy that you won't even end up needing it. On rainy days you can watch a movie in your hotel (or wherever you are staying), find some place indoors to explore, etc. Bring a few toys he loves & that should be enough. 

jordynlee18
by Member on Aug. 22, 2013 at 11:32 AM
It's about a 7 hour drive after you factor in stopping to eat and go the the bathroom. He's just newly potty trained so who knows, it may take longer than that. I bought a few sand toys and also some new games and puzzles. Recently it seems as though he's in the phase where he loses interest easily, which is what I'm worried about.

Quoting splatz:

splatz
by Sarah on Aug. 22, 2013 at 1:27 PM

I'm sure it will all work out. As moms we stress so much over the details & in the end half the time it doesn't really matter. My son was I want to say 21 or 22 months old when we drove about 19 hours to Florida for a week. I overpacked SO much & didn't need to. He was content to just explore his new surroundings. We only stopped to eat/get gas/bathroom breaks all at once. He did suprisingly well. 

Quoting jordynlee18:

It's about a 7 hour drive after you factor in stopping to eat and go the the bathroom. He's just newly potty trained so who knows, it may take longer than that. I bought a few sand toys and also some new games and puzzles. Recently it seems as though he's in the phase where he loses interest easily, which is what I'm worried about.

Quoting splatz:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN