Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Loving a strangers child

Posted by on Aug. 22, 2013 at 2:52 AM
  • 3 Replies

Recently I saw on my newsfeed on facebook a story of a baby with Trisomy 18. I have 3 children of my own and never thought anybody elses child would touch my heart so deeply. I am lucky and all of my children are healthy so far. Thank God but for some reason I cant stop thinking about these sick babies and I just feel like I have to pray contantly for them. I know that a lot of their parents have "prepared" themselves for what is most likely to come but I keep hoping for a miracle. To wake up one day and see that their child has been healed instead of passed away. I cant help but feel extreme empathy for them. Im constantly tortuing myself and putting myself in their shoes and I am not sure if it has anything to do with my ppd (my youngest is 3 months old) And my other two are young as well 22 months and 3 years old and my husband is in the military and is in another state so I really dont have anybody to talk to about my all over the place emotions.

by on Aug. 22, 2013 at 2:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
cecilyloring
by on Aug. 22, 2013 at 10:39 AM

I hear you about husband in the military. We just finished a yearlong deployment. As for emotions over sick children, yeah it's a fallen world full of so much pain. I for one can't wait for heaven where everything is perfect!

splatz
by Sarah on Aug. 22, 2013 at 11:11 AM

Its hard to not feel really sad for children and parents who go through with that. 

Janet
by Ruby Member on Aug. 22, 2013 at 4:00 PM

It is sad, that's for sure.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)