Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

organization help!

Posted by on Aug. 22, 2013 at 12:26 PM
  • 5 Replies

i live with my parents in what my dad likes to call a "jenny lynn house" its an old coal house (for the coal miners and such) its two to three bedroom, one bathroom we have expanded my bedroom so i have no dressers in my room they are all in a little closet plus some of DDs toys, we have a king size bed (it was my dads he switched me) DDs crib, the small entertainment center for my TV, one of those little toy organizer shelfs that sits on the floor and a night stand table, but here soon we will have another crib well bassinet for a while, i really need some ideas for organizing, like whats the best little things like the clear shelves and stuff, i dont have alot of money to spend ATM just any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

please do not bash me for living with my parents me and DH fell on hard times since im on comp and he lost his job :/ he was a security guard well the boss or whatever i forgot what he called it and his vehicle broke down and he didnt have a way to work so they layed him off since he needed a vehicle to rove and such and well i fell at work pinched a nerve when i was 10 weeks pregnant and my job fired me while out on comp (long story) when we got pregnant we did not intend on these things to happen. Sh*t happens so please no bashing.

by on Aug. 22, 2013 at 12:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
honeygram4
by on Aug. 22, 2013 at 1:35 PM

maybe switch your dad beds so u can have a full or queen bed? king beds r huge!! also those sterilite storage drawers are usually $15 at wal mart and you can stack them floor to ceiling for clothes, toys, diapers or anything. Hope this helps!

Janet
by Ruby Member on Aug. 22, 2013 at 1:55 PM

I was thinking of those Sterilite drawers and bins myself from Walmart.

mileysmom331
by on Aug. 22, 2013 at 2:07 PM

if it were just me id still have my twin bed, but since its me DH and DS (he doesnt have a choice he is still in my belly lol) it was hard to sleep on the full bed i had and mom and dad dont sleep together (she has back problems) so in his room (smaller than mine) there wasnt room for the king size bed well it might be queen i know its bigger than a queen but anyway there isnt room for the bigger bed and moms recliner she sleeps in, i mean i have enough room for all of us i just feel cluttered sometimes like no matter how much i clean and stuff its never clean clean lol but thank you i will keep an eye out for those! :)

Quoting honeygram4:

maybe switch your dad beds so u can have a full or queen bed? king beds r huge!! also those sterilite storage drawers are usually $15 at wal mart and you can stack them floor to ceiling for clothes, toys, diapers or anything. Hope this helps!

honeygram4
by on Aug. 22, 2013 at 2:36 PM

Can you put bed risers under the frame of the bed, probably not if it is a queen or king, but under the bed might work for storage? I don't know, possibly rearrange items? If you post a pic maybe I can help more? Good luck, my room always seems cluttered!

mileysmom331
by on Aug. 22, 2013 at 2:43 PM
1 mom liked this

my bedframe has wheels lol i do have things under the bed but not in like a storage bin like i have a VCR under there my nebulizer machine and a vanity mirror (its a small one that sits on a dresser or table) i even have put things under DDs crib XD my bed sits pretty high to begin with i mean i dont have to climb on it but i also dont feel like im falling into hell either lol i think half of my problem is preganncy hormones XD if i can get rid of some clothes that i dont wear or cant wear id have more dresser space and could probably get rid of a few in my little closet my dad just made me i have, four dressers, a long one and three small ones and even had room to put one of DDs toys and her little purple plastic chair in there i will have to take pics in  a little bit when i get done cleaning.

Quoting honeygram4:

Can you put bed risers under the frame of the bed, probably not if it is a queen or king, but under the bed might work for storage? I don't know, possibly rearrange items? If you post a pic maybe I can help more? Good luck, my room always seems cluttered!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)