Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Nursing bra ?

Posted by on Aug. 22, 2013 at 9:20 PM
  • 16 Replies
Okay I wanted to order a nursing bra but am I supposed to get what fits now or the next cup size up to allow for engorgement ... SO im a 36C now get a 36D ? ... NEED HELP !

A+C=LOVE ... married 8-9-11 ... Expecting our first sept 2013 !!!

by on Aug. 22, 2013 at 9:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
rachellaree20
by Member on Aug. 23, 2013 at 1:35 AM

I just got the size that fit me the day after I had my daughter.  Sometimes the bra was a little tight when I was full of milk but it wasn't unbearably tight so that worked for me.

momtodab
by Member on Aug. 23, 2013 at 7:41 AM
I never used them ukulele nut right now. They bothered me when Im full. Lol I wear a cami tank to there flexible I can wear under anything and its comfy and when I'm full I'm not UN comfortable. Works for me. And I have a nursing cover for in public so for me the difference between a bra and tank top is easy.
momtodab
by Member on Aug. 23, 2013 at 7:42 AM
Sorry for spelling. I'm mobile and it takes over.

Quoting momtodab:

I never used them ukulele nut right now. They bothered me when Im full. Lol I wear a cami tank to there flexible I can wear under anything and its comfy and when I'm full I'm not UN comfortable. Works for me. And I have a nursing cover for in public so for me the difference between a bra and tank top is easy.
Janet
by Ruby Member on Aug. 23, 2013 at 9:10 AM
1 mom liked this

I had nursing bras. I paid big money for them. You really don't have to buy them. It is just as easy to lift your bra when you nurse if not easier. Get a bra with stretch.

SlapItHigh
by on Aug. 23, 2013 at 10:33 AM
I would get fitted for one afterwards. Maybe order a size up for now.
slgilliam
by on Aug. 23, 2013 at 8:06 PM

I got mine after baby was born. I actually got mine at Target on the clearance rack and they happened to have a sale on the nursing bras back in Feb.

HeatherJ501
by on Aug. 23, 2013 at 9:12 PM
I got mine at Walmart and it was incredibly comfy and easy to unsnap. I'm a 38C normally and got a 40D 3 days before I was induced.
LgraceMe
by on Aug. 24, 2013 at 10:57 AM

I can tell you what I didn't like with my first. I got a wired bra (hate wires but the boobies sag) with just a slight amount of padding (thought it would be good to have a backup if nursing pads leaked). It unhooked at the top of the 'boob triangle' to fold down. However, it was like folding a piece of...well, not cardboard, but the padding made it very stiff & bulky. This time around, I will look for less is more- overlapping thin fabric that you can just part.

freemane
by on Aug. 24, 2013 at 1:16 PM
1 mom liked this

Hey, I love "ukulele nut."  I'm going to need to find a way to work it into conversation... "My breasts were full like a ukulele nut..."  :)

Quoting momtodab:

Quoting momtodab:

momtodab
by Member on Aug. 25, 2013 at 2:01 PM
Lol well you can thank my phone or comes up with some great phrases ha ha

Quoting freemane:

Hey, I love "ukulele nut."  I'm going to need to find a way to work it into conversation... "My breasts were full like a ukulele nut..."  :)

Quoting momtodab:

Quoting momtodab:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)