Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom
Okay I wanted to order a nursing bra but am I supposed to get what fits now or the next cup size up to allow for engorgement ... SO im a 36C now get a 36D ? ... NEED HELP !

A+C=LOVE ... married 8-9-11 ... Expecting our first sept 2013 !!!

by on Aug. 22, 2013 at 9:20 PM
Replies (11-16):
delanna6two
by Platinum Member on Sep. 4, 2013 at 1:12 PM
1 mom liked this

That's what I did for all of mine....I think I bought one nursing bra my 1st. time BF and after that just reg. bras and lift.

Quoting Janet:

I had nursing bras. I paid big money for them. You really don't have to buy them. It is just as easy to lift your bra when you nurse if not easier. Get a bra with stretch.

Janet
by Ruby Member on Sep. 4, 2013 at 1:18 PM
Yes, it's harder getting them unhooked then it is just lifting them up.

Quoting delanna6two:

That's what I did for all of mine....I think I bought one nursing bra my 1st. time BF and after that just reg. bras and lift.

Quoting Janet:

I had nursing bras. I paid big money for them. You really don't have to buy them. It is just as easy to lift your bra when you nurse if not easier. Get a bra with stretch.

delanna6two
by Platinum Member on Sep. 4, 2013 at 1:22 PM
1 mom liked this

True....

Quoting Janet:

Yes, it's harder getting them unhooked then it is just lifting them up.

Quoting delanna6two:

Quoting Janet:

Platinum_blonde
by on Sep. 5, 2013 at 9:26 PM

I have wondered this too!  One friend swears that camis are best, while the other one swears by nursing bras. 

splatz
by Sarah on Sep. 5, 2013 at 10:09 PM

I agree. You never know how much they will end up growing. The maternity stores are really helpful with this sort of thing though. 

Quoting SlapItHigh:

I would get fitted for one afterwards. Maybe order a size up for now.

.Peaches.
by on Sep. 5, 2013 at 10:55 PM

Get the one that fits right now for the right kind of support...actually, get 2. You'll have to go up another size when your milk comes in, and probably need more than 2 by then.

That's the way I did it, only I changed sizes a couple of times while I was pregnant, so I was ALWAYS buying another bra!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN