Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Survey

Posted by on Aug. 23, 2013 at 9:37 PM
  • 4 Replies

Hi, I'm doing a survey for a project in school. You don't have to be a student or even female to answer. All you need is an opinion!

1. Have you ever taken a Women's Studies class? Which class? Where? Why did you take that class?

1. What would you expect or hope to be taught in a Women's Studies class?

1. If you are a student, does your school have a Women's Center? Tell me about it.

1. What do you think men should be taught about women?

1. What do you think women should be taught?

1. Other comments about Women's Studies?

Thanks!!

by on Aug. 23, 2013 at 9:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
johnny4ever
by Mrs. Depp on Aug. 25, 2013 at 9:48 AM

bump

auntangelofsix
by Angel on Aug. 25, 2013 at 2:24 PM
Bump
preacherskid
by Member on Aug. 25, 2013 at 7:32 PM

Quoting iwuvyou09:

Hi, I'm doing a survey for a project in school. You don't have to be a student or even female to answer. All you need is an opinion!

1. Have you ever taken a Women's Studies class? Which class? Where? Why did you take that class?

Yes, it was a Women's Issues class at Stephens College, Columbia, MO.  I took the class because it was required to meet a gen ed requirement, sociology I believe.

We discussed women's psychology, different political and social issues that impact women, the approach was fairly general as the class only lasted one semester.

1. If you are a student, does your school have a Women's Center? Tell me about it.

Well Stephens College is a woman's college- the only men on campus are staff and male apprentices in the theatre and dance programs, so the whole campus was like a women's center :).  I am currently finishing my degree through CTU Online, that I know of there is not an online women's center, and being the physical campus is several states away I couldn't answer to that.

That women are people, should be respected and treated as equals.  Really anything else just serves to illustrate *why women and men are different and it is so hard to treat each other as equals that people give up* imo.

Need more clarity- taught about what?  I believe women should be taught about their bodies, how they work and why they do what they do.  I believe women should  otherwise be taught what they need to know to achieve their goals.

I enjoyed the class, I wish it had been more in depth regarding the different cultural and societal issues women may face in their work lives, also how to navigate work, the workplace, harassment, etc.

Thanks!!

MichelleMc
by on Aug. 26, 2013 at 8:57 AM

No & I wouldn't. 

I would expect it to be something that would just even more seperate & cause seperation of men & women. 

N/A

Unless you then are going to ask what women should be taught about men, this is a sexiest question.

That they are people, plain & simple. They aren't special. They can do what they WORK hard for & NOTHING should be handled to them because of their sex. 

I think it is ridiculous. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN