Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Taking shower with 7 month old baby.

Posted by on Aug. 24, 2013 at 1:39 AM
  • 18 Replies

Me and my husband love to do bubble bath.So recently we hv been bringing our 7 month old baby so she can enjoy her bath with us and she really do enjoy.She splases water....

Now the thing is when we r doing bubble bath we all r naked.So i want to know if its bad idea to tk shower naked with baby.

Last time after he took shower he came inside the bedroom naked to get his  undergarment.So our baby was staring at him.So i quickly distracted her.

So when is the time that parents shouldnt be naked in front of baby.Either taking shower or changing clothes.Plz  advice!

by on Aug. 24, 2013 at 1:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Redwoods_Mama
by on Aug. 24, 2013 at 2:31 AM

That small, I think it's totally fine.

I started to be really uncomfortable with my son walking in on me when I was naked when he was three.  I stopped bathing with him long before that.  DH, about the same, but he never really has been naked around the kid because I don't let the child invade other people's bathtime like Distracto Daddy does, lol.  I'd be enjoying my bubbles, eyes closed, and would wind up having a three year old toss me a toy boat and ask me to play.

I know with our daughter, DH will be more uptight about it. 

I do not remember ever seeing my parents naked.  I do remember seeing my grandmother, as I lived with her and she doesn't care who sees her.  That is not okay, IMHO, if a child is uncomfortable at ANY age you need to respect that.  But a baby?  Pish.  No harm.

want10more
by Member on Aug. 24, 2013 at 4:11 AM

nah, baby's just having fun splashing w/ mommy and daddy! only time to stop when she starts to notice that daddy has a difference than mommy and her. she was prolly staring at daddy, thinking, hey, nekked dude? where the HELL is my apple juice? heh. i'd say you'd be good until at least 2..... probably longer, depending on the baby. she'll letcha know. when she gets curious? ok then time to cover up.  

iamcafemom83
by Member on Aug. 24, 2013 at 7:54 AM
Nope its not until they are older and look up at you and say boobies!! Or looks at daddy and says peepee lol
Enjoy the baths, it is fun when they are little.
freemane
by on Aug. 24, 2013 at 9:00 AM
My son is 2 and a half and we're Just starting to teach modesty. And even then, it's more of a "you have to wear clothes when we go out." Being naked with a baby around is fine,with a toddler it seems to start triggering people's "ick" factor. Older than toddler, nudity can be problematic.
My point is, don't worry about bathing with your baby, you or your husband. Most of us do the same thing.
Bellarose0212
by on Aug. 24, 2013 at 9:48 AM
1 mom liked this

Are you serious?

There is nothing wrong with nudity especially for a 7-month-old. You had to distract her? What were you worried would happen if she saw her dad naked at 7-months-old?

I can't tell if this is a real question.

Bellarose0212
by on Aug. 24, 2013 at 9:49 AM

^BTW totally not trying to be rude, just genuinely surprised by such a question.

goddess99
by Michelle on Aug. 24, 2013 at 10:32 AM

I showered with my dd until she was maybe 3 or 4. She still sees me naked every day.

Janet
by Ruby Member on Aug. 24, 2013 at 10:33 AM

You have a long way to go to worry about that. She is just a baby.

Aireeahnah
by on Aug. 24, 2013 at 11:02 AM
I don't think its a big deal that young. My daughter is in the shower with me and she is 7 mos old. My mother still let me shower with her until I was around 7 or 8. It was like "play time". My sister and I would pretend to shave using the cap of the shaving cream tube when mommy shaved. Lol
johnny4ever
by Mrs. Depp on Aug. 24, 2013 at 11:16 AM

Fine at that age

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN