Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

starting a new Christmas tradition!

Posted by on Aug. 24, 2013 at 3:52 PM
  • 13 Replies
1 mom liked this

I have been searching for a great idea to do with my children from every day in december up until christmas. some people do the elf on the shelf. or a present a night. or things like that. growing up our tradition was we got to open our stocking on xmas eve before bed.

I found one that i love so so much. i just need some ideas!!

i am going to buy and wrap 24 christams themed childrens books individually and put them under the tree with a folded christmas blanket next to them. each night leading upto xmas morning they will pick a book and unwrap it and we will read it together. snuggled up under our christmas blanket.

i am making the christmas blanket myself.

i need good book ideas. - my children are boys ages 2 and 5. 

any ideas aside from the obvious christmas stories!? 

by on Aug. 24, 2013 at 3:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
johnny4ever
by Mrs. Depp on Aug. 24, 2013 at 4:09 PM

bump..great idea!

MistressMinerva
by Jennifer on Aug. 24, 2013 at 7:53 PM

Great idea!

raczac
by Member on Aug. 24, 2013 at 7:59 PM
We did this last year but we didn't do just Christmas books. We did all different ones. In Christmas Eve we read The Night Before Christmas. My boys are six and eight now. Ill keep a look out for titles for you.
MommaH4
by on Aug. 25, 2013 at 9:57 AM

i actually like this. saving a chritsmas book for christmas eve.!!

Quoting raczac:

We did this last year but we didn't do just Christmas books. We did all different ones. In Christmas Eve we read The Night Before Christmas. My boys are six and eight now. Ill keep a look out for titles for you.

goddess99
by Michelle on Aug. 25, 2013 at 1:28 PM

The "How Do Dinosaurs..." books are excellent, and Dr. Seuss. Berenstain Bears books, Paddington Bear.

huntersmama711
by Bronze Member on Aug. 25, 2013 at 1:33 PM
1 mom liked this
That's a great idea. I agree with a Christmas book just for Christmas Eve and then other books the other nights
Shlamoof
by on Aug. 25, 2013 at 1:55 PM

We did the book thing last year.  The year before I forgot to do it, but I had all the books picked out.  They don't even have to be new books, you can just use winter/christmas themed books you own already.  Have fun with it!

SlapItHigh
by on Aug. 25, 2013 at 3:55 PM

That's great!  I like doing a Jesse Tree and Advent Wreath.

MichelleMc
by on Aug. 25, 2013 at 5:29 PM

I love this idea :) I just don't agree with a present a day, but I love the book a day :) If you are religious but do agree with Santa one of my favorite books are A Special Place for Santa. 

MommaH4
by on Aug. 26, 2013 at 8:49 AM

we do not do a present a day. there are no actual presents under our tree until our kids are fast asleep on xmas eve. i just think it would be exciting to have them unwrap the booxs so they dont fight over what boox is read, and its a surprise for both kids. - i will look into this book!

Quoting MichelleMc:

I love this idea :) I just don't agree with a present a day, but I love the book a day :) If you are religious but do agree with Santa one of my favorite books are A Special Place for Santa. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)