Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Readers, I need some help!! Please =)

Posted by   + Show Post

My mom just retired and she's bored already. She loves to read, her favorite author is Danielle Steel. She just got the newest book and read it in a day, so she's says to me she needs a similar author to read. Any suggestions?

reading

by on Aug. 25, 2013 at 1:21 PM
Replies (31-36):
goddess99
by Michelle on Aug. 27, 2013 at 4:12 PM

We were talking about doing this. It is a great idea. Thank you =)

Quoting PrdMmy22:

Buy you mom a Nook Tablet for Christmas I have one and absolutely love it. She can even check books out from the library in their ebook collection and you get it for 2 weeks I believe and then it just expires on its own so you don't worry about any fees. The Nook also has like 1 million free books all different genres.

Allenmom48
by New Member on Aug. 27, 2013 at 4:17 PM
So many good authors mentioned here. A few I didn't see but love, Julie Garwood and Catherine Anderson. My mom is a serious book worm. And she isn't to picky on authors. She does have several she likes but she reads just about anything. I highly recommend Nora Roberts (yes it's been mentioned), I own every one of her books, even the ones she wrote under a different name, and wait not so patiently for new ones to come out. Catherine Anderson is truly awesome. Her books tell amazing stories and are so funny yet have a human touch to them. Julie Garwood is awesome as well. These three authors make up about half of our book collection!! Hope this helps. And I recommend a library card or kindle.
~ Jennifer~
goddess99
by Michelle on Aug. 27, 2013 at 4:46 PM

Thank you so much! Will definitely be adding those names to my list.

Quoting Allenmom48:

So many good authors mentioned here. A few I didn't see but love, Julie Garwood and Catherine Anderson. My mom is a serious book worm. And she isn't to picky on authors. She does have several she likes but she reads just about anything. I highly recommend Nora Roberts (yes it's been mentioned), I own every one of her books, even the ones she wrote under a different name, and wait not so patiently for new ones to come out. Catherine Anderson is truly awesome. Her books tell amazing stories and are so funny yet have a human touch to them. Julie Garwood is awesome as well. These three authors make up about half of our book collection!! Hope this helps. And I recommend a library card or kindle.
~ Jennifer~

PrdMmy22
by on Aug. 27, 2013 at 4:59 PM
Your welcome

Quoting goddess99:

We were talking about doing this. It is a great idea. Thank you =)

Quoting PrdMmy22:

Buy you mom a Nook Tablet for Christmas I have one and absolutely love it. She can even check books out from the library in their ebook collection and you get it for 2 weeks I believe and then it just expires on its own so you don't worry about any fees. The Nook also has like 1 million free books all different genres.

rachelp2380
by on Aug. 27, 2013 at 10:23 PM

I love Debbie Malcomer and Nora Roberts. They both have tons of Novels out so she will have pleanty of reading to do! Does she access the computer? If she does and hasn't seen Pinterest, introduce her to that. That has tons of projects/recipes/and other ideas. That can keep her busy when she doesn't want to read anymore!

goddess99
by Michelle on Aug. 28, 2013 at 9:07 AM

I told her about Pinterest before because I love it but I think I have to actually teacher her how to use it lol. Thank you for the authors!

Quoting rachelp2380:

I love Debbie Malcomer and Nora Roberts. They both have tons of Novels out so she will have pleanty of reading to do! Does she access the computer? If she does and hasn't seen Pinterest, introduce her to that. That has tons of projects/recipes/and other ideas. That can keep her busy when she doesn't want to read anymore!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)