Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Any toy your child was afraid of?

Posted by on Aug. 25, 2013 at 1:54 PM
  • 28 Replies

I thought of this because I was watching DS walking around with a toy. My mom gave him this frog when he was a couple months old. It makes that paper sound and if you squeeze it he ribbits. He cried anytime it came into view. He was afraid of it for idk how long. He likes it now. Lol

Sorry I'm not sure why its sideways. Lol

by on Aug. 25, 2013 at 1:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Shlamoof
by on Aug. 25, 2013 at 1:56 PM

Does my husband's RC truck count?  Willow used to cry whenever it was near.

Kaseykahneno1
by on Aug. 25, 2013 at 1:58 PM

Aww. I could see why.

Quoting Shlamoof:

Does my husband's RC truck count?  Willow used to cry whenever it was near.

jessi2girls
by Member on Aug. 25, 2013 at 2:04 PM

my youngest is 2 and terrified of any toy that moves, the leap frog dog, 1/2 of her cousins toys, lol, like his iron man, his robot thing, his t-rex that growls and moves.. basically anything that is semi robit, talks or makes noices, and moves. lol. 

freemane
by on Aug. 25, 2013 at 2:06 PM
While I was still pregnant we got the most adorable "nose goblin" at the OH ren fair. Sturdy canvas, big floppy ears, giant nose, squishy body, I love it. DS HATED it. He's two and a half now and tells me it has "scary eyes and feet"
SlapItHigh
by on Aug. 25, 2013 at 3:54 PM

Aw, lol...poor guy.  Mine have been scared of toys before too but I can't think of what they were at the moment.

villagemamma
by on Aug. 25, 2013 at 3:55 PM

For some reason this stupid little toy used to send my daughter into a full blown frenzy.

goddess99
by Michelle on Aug. 25, 2013 at 4:01 PM

There was this vibrating ball with hard nobs that stuck out of it, my dd didn't like that thing.

Kaseykahneno1
by on Aug. 25, 2013 at 5:40 PM

Omg. I think I can understand why.

Quoting villagemamma:

For some reason this stupid little toy used to send my daughter into a full blown frenzy.

usndolphin
by New Member on Aug. 25, 2013 at 5:48 PM

not so much a toy. but my son hated garden gnomes. he thought they were scary. (started maybe age 2ish) my mom wasnt allowed to have them in her garden either. when he was 5 he still hated them. he told my mom they were bad luck. 

Kaseykahneno1
by on Aug. 25, 2013 at 6:14 PM
1 mom liked this

My sister was kinda like that. Only was those garden ball things that are different colors. My dad joked with her that those meant aliens lived there and the different colors meant different types. She took it seriously. Lol. She still thinks they're creepy at 30. 

Quoting usndolphin:

not so much a toy. but my son hated garden gnomes. he thought they were scary. (started maybe age 2ish) my mom wasnt allowed to have them in her garden either. when he was 5 he still hated them. he told my mom they were bad luck. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN