Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Any toy your child was afraid of?

Posted by   + Show Post

I thought of this because I was watching DS walking around with a toy. My mom gave him this frog when he was a couple months old. It makes that paper sound and if you squeeze it he ribbits. He cried anytime it came into view. He was afraid of it for idk how long. He likes it now. Lol

Sorry I'm not sure why its sideways. Lol

by on Aug. 25, 2013 at 1:54 PM
Replies (21-28):
Janet
by Ruby Member on Aug. 26, 2013 at 10:55 AM

We had the My buddy doll.

Quoting angelachristine:

Not my kids but my younger brother was afraid of my older brother's my buddy doll

it was because I was watching chucky and he woke up and saw it and was convinced the my buddy doll was going to come to life and try and kill him. I guess I can't really blame him they do look scary similar which was probably the point. lol

AspensMama1537
by Member on Aug. 26, 2013 at 12:15 PM
My daughter freaked out at first! She loved it later on though.

Quoting villagemamma:

For some reason this stupid little toy used to send my daughter into a full blown frenzy.

villagemamma
by Member on Aug. 26, 2013 at 12:21 PM

I think dd would love it now but at the time when she was just over 1yrs old she would scream like she was being chased by a demon. When we first got it it would sit in her room and she began throwing the biggest fits when it came time for bed or nap. i thought it was a phase but than i realized after a few times of her clinging to me for dear life that she was terrified by something. Dh tried to get her to see that it was fun and silly not scary but she wouldnt have anything to do with it so we just got rid of it lol

Quoting AspensMama1537:

My daughter freaked out at first! She loved it later on though.

Quoting villagemamma:

For some reason this stupid little toy used to send my daughter into a full blown frenzy.

CafeMom Tickers
lizard3731
by Member on Aug. 26, 2013 at 3:08 PM

My nephew was afraid of a doll his other aunt gave him.  He saw a preview of Child's Play and decided the doll looked like Chuckie.  He threw it down the laundry chute to get rid of it, but he said it was looking up at him.  He gave the doll to my dd. 

splatz
by Sarah on Aug. 26, 2013 at 3:40 PM

Oh gosh my oldest was SO scared of this talking/moving Cookie Monster that he BEGGED for for Christmas one year. I can't remember what it was called. He loved it in the box but as soon as we took it out of the box he was absolutely terrified.

He was scared of his Buzz Lightyear bubble machine too. 

JTE11
by Member on Aug. 26, 2013 at 3:56 PM

Just one, and only for about three days. I have no idea why. She played with it for a long time, was afraid for three days, then went back to playing with it. My DD is weird, lol.

la_bella_vita
by Silver Member on Aug. 31, 2013 at 12:39 PM

My DD is scared of my heating pad and DS used to be scared of that pet thing my DD had that moved around on the floor

delanna6two
by Platinum Member on Sep. 4, 2013 at 1:05 PM

lol...With my youngest, there were toys she did not like and then warmed up to later and toys she refused to play with.....she does not like some of the baby doll toys with the molded hair and flip eyes...I had to give them away.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)