Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Maybe they need better role models!

Posted by on Aug. 26, 2013 at 4:00 PM
  • 17 Replies
2 moms liked this

All the internet is a buzz with Miley Cyrus' antics last night at the VMAs. I have seen people post about how inappropriate and out there her performance was. People have been talking about how she was half naked and the way she danced.

A few celebs tweeted that their young kids could no longer be fans of hers etc..

My thoughts...it was MTV not the Disney channel, what did you expect. Since leaving Disney a few years ago, she has been 'controversial' and constantly in the spotlight for choices that aren't so Disney like. People expect her to be the squeaky clean Disney persona and obviously she is not that.

For all those who are up in arms about her being a bad role model for their daughters..maybe they should teach their daughters not to look up to celebrities but to their own mothers, grandmothers, aunts, family friends, teachers etc... People who can actually make a positive impact on their lives.

Do you think people are upset for no reason or should she be held to a higher standard because she is seen as a role model? 

(This goes for any celebrity)

by on Aug. 26, 2013 at 4:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
goddess99
by Michelle on Aug. 26, 2013 at 4:47 PM

She should be embarrassed. I understand having fun and getting carried away but damn. So glad we don't have cable.

nymom13
by on Aug. 26, 2013 at 5:19 PM
I do have cable, but didn't watch it. Miley Cyrus no longer works for Disney and doesn't have the squeaky clean persona Hannah Montana was portrayed as. Yes, she's still considered a role model, but celebrities for the most part aren't good role models. Kids need to look to the positive role models in their lives for guidance on how to live their lives.
thatgirl70
by Bronze Member on Aug. 26, 2013 at 6:08 PM
2 moms liked this

I think my only issue is that she is trying too hard to prove that she's not Hannah Montana and I think that draws even more attention, and unfortunately in a negative manner. A person can be sexy without being trashy.

Janet
by Ruby Member on Aug. 26, 2013 at 6:58 PM
1 mom liked this

It just is sickening how trashy she is.

johnny4ever
by Mrs. Depp on Aug. 26, 2013 at 7:07 PM

Seen a recap..eww!

johnny4ever
by Mrs. Depp on Aug. 26, 2013 at 7:07 PM

Still will listen to her music

poshkat
by on Aug. 26, 2013 at 7:11 PM
It was way beyond trashy, but the vma's are known for being over the top crazy. I find her wanting to prove she's not longer a kid fine, but she could be classier about it. You don't see selena gomez acting...well, like that.
MistressMinerva
by Jennifer on Aug. 26, 2013 at 7:23 PM

What she did was very trashy.

FootballFan12
by on Aug. 26, 2013 at 11:56 PM
1 mom liked this

It's the VMA's not the Kids Choice Awards.  Personally I thought it was tacky but I'm not getting riled up about it either.

SlapItHigh
by on Aug. 27, 2013 at 12:09 AM

I've ignored the story on purpose :/.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN