Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Should i quit or not????

Posted by on Aug. 27, 2013 at 1:15 AM
  • 14 Replies

i have been smoking for two years now and im about four weeks along do i quit smoking or continue and cut down??? my cousin smoked with her baby and she canme out just fine...

by on Aug. 27, 2013 at 1:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
BABYBOY01
by on Aug. 27, 2013 at 1:19 AM
You should quit . Definitely . The Abby may have come out perfectly fine but down the road it may cause serious problems . Talk to your doctor or look up effects from it to your baby . I am a believer that unborn children shouldn't have to be forced to put anything in their body . But everybody is different .
luvmybug
by Amanda on Aug. 27, 2013 at 3:45 AM
QUIT.
usndolphin
by on Aug. 27, 2013 at 4:46 AM

well ask yourself, how will you feel if you baby is not fine? if what you did caused that aliment?  sure, i have seen babies come out fine even though the mom drank.  but i would not want to roll the dice on that one. 

cookinmommyof1
by Bronze Member on Aug. 27, 2013 at 6:18 AM
Qquit, but not all at once. Cut back until you quit. Cold turkey it's a pretty big shock to the system. That's what my Dr always recommended.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rosebud727
by on Aug. 27, 2013 at 6:20 AM
1 mom liked this

The best thing you can do for yourself and your growing unborn child is quit.

johnny4ever
by Mrs. Depp on Aug. 27, 2013 at 8:11 AM

Quit

ZsMommy
by on Aug. 27, 2013 at 8:13 AM

QUIT

cindilou13
by Member on Aug. 27, 2013 at 8:32 AM

QUIT!  This should not even be a question.  Just because one baby turned out ok doesn't mean every baby will.  There are SO MANY issues that can be caused due to smoking while pregnant. 

I have heard it's better to quit slowly-cut down over a couple weeks rather than cold turkey, but I would ask your doctor about that to be sure.  But definitely quit one way or the other.

nymom13
by on Aug. 27, 2013 at 8:56 AM
Quit!
suetoo
by Member on Aug. 27, 2013 at 9:23 AM

Google thermo scan. Then know that uterus, placenta and baby turn blue color from red color that indicates good blood flow, with each suck on a cigarette. Your baby 'probably' will be ok. But ask yourself why you wouldn't want to give your babe every possible advantage in health considering the world she is being born in, and why you don't love this child enough to quit smoking.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)