Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

My Son Cut His Own Hair....UPDATE IN GREEN

Posted by   + Show Post

Poll

Question: Has your child cut their own hair?

Options:

Yes

No

Other

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 541

View Results

My son is 6.

JD: Mommy, i need to pee.

Me: Go use my bathroom

3 minutes later

JD: Mommy my hair is messed up

Me: OMG what did you do (I was laughing so hard)

JD: I messed up my hair. I feel so bad for myself. I'm embarrassed.

He was crying to much. I told him to go to bed and we would talk about this in the morning.

If your child has done this, how did you handle it?

Thanks for all the lol's on here. I'm happy to know this is kind of a normal thing for kids to do. My husband and I just laughed it off. My son is still feeling bad about it.

He cut his hair so short that I had to do a #1 buzz cut to get it to even out. I was scared I was going to have to make him bald. :) As you can see, he is not happy with his short hair.

I asked him if he would ever cut his own hair again and he said, "what, do think i'm crazy"

by on Aug. 29, 2013 at 8:14 AM
Replies (21-30):
JTE11
by Member on Aug. 30, 2013 at 4:43 PM
1 mom liked this

My DD hasn't yet, but I know chances are she will. If she was a boy I'd just buzz cut her whole head. If she ever does it and it's REALLY bad I mght just buzz cut her head, anyway, lol.

c_ramirez8606
by on Aug. 30, 2013 at 5:36 PM

OMG, that is too funny. How old were the kids?

Quoting Janet:

You want to hear something worse. When my oldest son was little. He played barber and cut the neighbors hair! Oh was I upset!! Thankfully I had a very nice, understanding neighbor who just laughed and buzzed his hair. I don't think I would have taken it that good.

HappyMommy2_3
by on Aug. 30, 2013 at 5:53 PM
1 mom liked this

LOL My daughter who is now almost 7 cut her pretty long hair up to her scalp when she was 4! I was horrified...so was she. She's never done it again though!

c_ramirez8606
by on Aug. 30, 2013 at 6:01 PM

I wouldn't know what to do if I had a daughter that did that. How long was her hair when she cut it?

Quoting HappyMommy2_3:

LOL My daughter who is now almost 7 cut her pretty long hair up to her scalp when she was 4! I was horrified...so was she. She's never done it again though!

HappyMommy2_3
by on Aug. 30, 2013 at 6:05 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting c_ramirez8606:

I wouldn't know what to do if I had a daughter that did that. How long was her hair when she cut it?

Quoting HappyMommy2_3:

Roughly to the middle of her back not quite!  I couldnt be mad for long though because she was so upset when she looked in the mirror. Thankfully my sister is a stylist and we didnt have to chop it all off she just had a side part and VERY short bangs for quite a while! 

cupcake_mom
by on Aug. 30, 2013 at 6:11 PM
1 mom liked this
Awe. Mom give him some ice cream and tell him it's ok and he learned something. Hugs to your little man
thatgirl70
by Bronze Member on Aug. 30, 2013 at 6:21 PM
1 mom liked this

He hasn't yet (hopefully he won't, LOL), but I can remember trying to cut my own bangs when I was little, LOL.

Jensep
by on Aug. 31, 2013 at 12:07 AM
1 mom liked this

I did it when I was in kindergarten :) cute kid :)

vgmomof2grtkds
by on Aug. 31, 2013 at 12:07 AM
1 mom liked this

My son did three times. The last time he did it we left his hair like that for a week. He didn't like walking around with a bald spot, and after that he didn't do it again. It's just hair, it grows back!

grneyedormom
by Member on Aug. 31, 2013 at 12:09 AM
1 mom liked this

My daughter came home from a weekend at her Dad's and had cut her long, semi-curly (it was just perfectly curly, some waves/some curls) into a mullet. 4 months before a wedding she was a flower girl in. She had been watching her older sisters trim their hair and THEY left the scissors out and well, little sister did as big sisters did and cut her own hair. I almost cried and my ex was very apologetic. I had to go cut off her hair, it was past her shoulders, into a cut that was above her shoulders and all of her wavy curls went away. She never did it again.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN