Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

My Son Cut His Own Hair....UPDATE IN GREEN

Posted by   + Show Post

Poll

Question: Has your child cut their own hair?

Options:

Yes

No

Other

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 541

View Results

My son is 6.

JD: Mommy, i need to pee.

Me: Go use my bathroom

3 minutes later

JD: Mommy my hair is messed up

Me: OMG what did you do (I was laughing so hard)

JD: I messed up my hair. I feel so bad for myself. I'm embarrassed.

He was crying to much. I told him to go to bed and we would talk about this in the morning.

If your child has done this, how did you handle it?

Thanks for all the lol's on here. I'm happy to know this is kind of a normal thing for kids to do. My husband and I just laughed it off. My son is still feeling bad about it.

He cut his hair so short that I had to do a #1 buzz cut to get it to even out. I was scared I was going to have to make him bald. :) As you can see, he is not happy with his short hair.

I asked him if he would ever cut his own hair again and he said, "what, do think i'm crazy"

by on Aug. 29, 2013 at 8:14 AM
Replies (41-50):
celestegood
by Gold Member on Aug. 31, 2013 at 12:32 AM
1 mom liked this
*scratches head and questions parenting ability* lol I have four kids.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mom2hailey08
by on Aug. 31, 2013 at 12:32 AM

Nope my daughter has never cut her hair. I just started letting her use scissors and she is 5 years old and she knows better then to cut her hair!! We had a long talk about what she can use scissors for and what she can not use them for. (btw the scissors she uses are the kid friendly kind  :))

Linagma03
by on Aug. 31, 2013 at 12:38 AM
1 mom liked this

Too funny! All my kids went thru the I'm going to cut my own hair. My odd first off tied a knot in her hair when she was about 7, the hair that would be considered bangs if it was short. Then instead of telling me about the knot she decided to cut it out. She had a large area in the front that was a lot shorter and there was really nothing I could do to even it out. My ds was easy when he cut his I just took him to the barber and got it cut. My ydd cut her hair but not as bad as her big sister so I was able to take her to the salon and they were able to make it look nice. None of my kids even now as adults will cut their hair no matter what. 

jojo_382
by on Aug. 31, 2013 at 12:39 AM
1 mom liked this
Lol man that suck I would be mad but not to much I'll be lol more but on the other hand hubby would be Soo mad to the point where I have to remind him they are only kids

Quoting celestegood:

Hope not for your sake too! Mine did and it was so messed up we took him to the barber.

Quoting jojo_382:

Lol awww poor baby an no my hasn't done it an hopefully they never do it

karamille
by on Aug. 31, 2013 at 12:42 AM
1 mom liked this

LOL.  I would have made him walk around for a few days like that as punishment.  :)  

mamacam7
by on Aug. 31, 2013 at 12:47 AM
1 mom liked this

My mother did it around age 3, I did it around age 3 and my daughter did it at the end of last year right before her 4th bday. She cut it so badly that we had to buzz it, I cried lol.

A few months before she cut

After we had to buzz it

A few weeks ago

crzymmy5
by on Aug. 31, 2013 at 12:52 AM

awe, your little guy  looks adorable with the buzz. good choice.

NONE of my 5 kids cut their own hair when they were little, and then last summer my NINE YEAR OLD decided his "bangs" were in his eyes, and he chopped 'em!! GAH! I about died! 

here he is before (with his adorable longer hair)

and this is after he chopped it off!

and then I tried to fix it (not much better than his attempt *sigh*)

AnnaNonamus
by on Aug. 31, 2013 at 12:55 AM
1 mom liked this

This is Gillian. 

This is Gillian post scissors.

She came out of her room one day and said, "Look mom, I can see my ears!" She had cut straight back over top of her ears. It went so far back, we had to cut everything off.

The photo above was about 6 weeks post cut, so even then, it's grown out some in that photo. 

She was almost 5 at the time. She told us she just really wanted to see her ears.

Angelanscalf89
by on Aug. 31, 2013 at 12:57 AM
1 mom liked this
A couple months ago when dd was 5 she cut her 4 year old brothers hair with mustach trimmers..... Lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
allornone
by on Aug. 31, 2013 at 1:02 AM
1 mom liked this

Yes,my dd did this when she was five. They called to confirm her appointment and she thought it meant cancelled she cut all her bangs off. Just like your ds but all of the front. Didn't help I was 9 months pregnant you should see the pictures of her holding her sister. We can laugh about it now but it looked bad.

He's a cutie!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)