Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How Were You Proposed To?

Posted by on Aug. 29, 2013 at 9:33 AM
  • 12 Replies

Guy Proposes to Girlfriend With Sneakers in an Adorably 'Sneaky' Way (VIDEO)

by Maressa Brown 

hazel chu marry meThe last time we heard of shoes helping a girl meet the love of her life and live happily ever after, it was Cinderella we were talking about. Well, Hazel from L.A. must feel like she's living in a real-life fairy tale, because her boyfriend, Paul, popped the question like only a modern day prince could -- with a pair of custom sneakers!

Paul took Hazel to his favorite shoe store, Kicks, and while the two appeared to be doing some everyday perusing for footwear, he got down on one knee, presented the special pair of sneaks, then watched as his love put two and two together. And it was absolutely heart-melting!

Check it out ...

Too, too cute, right? How awesome is it that Paul chose to personalize his proposal in a way that was as memorable as it was practical! I have a feeling Hazel will definitely get plenty of use out of those new sneakers. (I can see the happy couple doing some jogging in Runyon Canyon now!) Also, what woman wouldn't be totally psyched to walk away from her proposal sporting not only awesome new bling, but new footwear to boot!?

No, but seriously, the best part is how the sneakers have such a heartfelt memory attached ... and Kicks must be a special spot for these two. Now it's destined to be a part of their love story for the rest of their lives. 

What was your reaction to this super-cute proposal?

How were you proposed to?

by on Aug. 29, 2013 at 9:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
luvmybug
by Amanda on Aug. 29, 2013 at 9:51 AM
1 mom liked this
I was sitting by the fireplace when my kitten came running out of the hallway. I saw he had a ribbon on him and when I went to remove it, I saw the most beautiful ring tied to it. He then came around the corner and got on his knee and asked me. I cried like a little baby. He had a good speech to go with it. :)
MistressMinerva
by Jennifer on Aug. 29, 2013 at 10:39 AM
1 mom liked this

Mine proposed to me on Christmas day in front of all my family.

fvmomof5
by on Aug. 29, 2013 at 10:43 AM
1 mom liked this

We were down at the board walk, we got on the ferris wheel with my DD and her friend... He attempted to get on 1 knee but the dam thing kept rocking!!! LOL

goddess99
by Michelle on Aug. 29, 2013 at 11:36 AM

My dh didn't really propose, he was here visiting from England and if we didn't marry he would have had to go back so we got married.

imissmydad51
by on Aug. 29, 2013 at 2:54 PM

At a hockey game. On the billboard it read " K will you marry me, J"  I Didn't type our full names of ours but that is how he did it. I was shocked and embarassed. The marriage lasted less than a year however. Oh well. LOL

GreenDotsOrange
by New Member on Aug. 29, 2013 at 3:02 PM

He bought me a jewelry stand for valentines day/my birthday (they are only 4 days apart). When i turned around to tell him thank you he was on one knee with the ring.

orliesmom
by New Member on Aug. 29, 2013 at 3:03 PM
1 mom liked this

LOL my hubbu called on his lunch and said "call a judge, we are getting married tomorrow. Gotta go, see you when I get home."

MonicaP76
by on Aug. 29, 2013 at 4:51 PM

On V-day. DH bought me a leather trench coat, and put the ring in the pocket. When I reached in the pocket and found the box he got down on one knee.

johnny4ever
by Mrs. Depp on Aug. 29, 2013 at 8:18 PM

Under the xmas tree!

famiglia_bella
by Member on Aug. 29, 2013 at 8:27 PM

That's so sweeeeet!  There wasn't really a proposal, he was sure of himself... he came home for lunch and we ate and talked and then he just said, "Close your eyes."  Umm, okay... and then he said, "Open 'em.... here!"  I opened my eyes and there was a ring about 2 inches from my face.  Hahahaaa!  Aaahh, the romance... ;)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)