Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Parent's Day Out

Posted by on Aug. 30, 2013 at 9:18 AM
  • 13 Replies
I am curious to know your thoughts on putting a 2 yr. old in parents day out. My daughter cried the first two days for most of the day. Will it get easier for her?
by on Aug. 30, 2013 at 9:18 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
goddess99
by Michelle on Aug. 30, 2013 at 9:32 AM

Idk what Parent's day out is..??

justgowithit5
by New Member on Aug. 30, 2013 at 9:44 AM
It is like preschool but only two days a week from 9am- 2:30pm.
goddess99
by Michelle on Aug. 30, 2013 at 11:44 AM

I see. 2 years old is pretty young to be without mom, Imo. My dd was 4 when she went to preschool.

SlapItHigh
by on Aug. 30, 2013 at 11:59 AM

I wouldn't do it if my child didn't take to it pretty easily.  It can be really traumatizing to be pushed into it over and over when the child finds it scary/sad.  My sister and my dh both have terrible memories of being left in that type of environment as a young child.

MistressMinerva
by Jennifer on Aug. 30, 2013 at 4:13 PM
1 mom liked this

I wouldn't do it.

celestegood
by Gold Member on Aug. 31, 2013 at 12:49 AM
I agree. I would not do it. Wait until your child is ready!

Quoting SlapItHigh:

I wouldn't do it if my child didn't take to it pretty easily.  It can be really traumatizing to be pushed into it over and over when the child finds it scary/sad.  My sister and my dh both have terrible memories of being left in that type of environment as a young child.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
celestegood
by Gold Member on Aug. 31, 2013 at 12:49 AM
I would wait a year or two, op. She's not ready.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Raindancerx
by on Aug. 31, 2013 at 2:59 AM

It will get easier for her. A lot of kids do that especially if they spend no time away from thier parents. I remember kids like that going to school and it was the first time they were away from their parents and they cried for the whole first week of school. IMO better to get them adjusted now rather than later and in the long run she will end up liking it because she is going to make friends and have kids her own age to play with.

defineyou
by on Aug. 31, 2013 at 3:53 PM

We put our son in nursery school at 2. For the first week,  either my partner or I sat in the classroom for half the day. He would cry, but when we picked him up, he had a big smile on his face. We gave him his favorite bunny toy/blanket to have with him. This soothed him. Half way into the year, his teacher told us that he would all of a sudden announce to everyone "It's music time!" He loved it.

We took him to a Waldorf school last year. Again he had a week of crying. Then one day he announeced, "I no cry today." And he didn't. I would just stay in the class to let him know you are comfortable there as well. It's a place for everyone.

WIth love, Amanda

"One day in retrospect, the years of struggle, will strike you as the most beautiful." Sigmond Freud

http://defineyourspirit.com/my-business/

splatz
by Sarah on Aug. 31, 2013 at 9:42 PM

I think its normal for kids to have a hard time with seperation. My son started day care at 3 so I could work. It was super hard for the first probably 2 weeks. It did get easier with time though.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)