Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Should we 'mind our own business'?

Posted by   + Show Post

We all see what is happening in Syria. The pulse on the street is that most Americans do not want to get involved.

For generations, we have involved ourselves in the worlds conflicts. As of now, we are holding still.

What do you think about the US being the self appointed worlds police?

When it comes to foreign relations, if it does not directly effect us, do you think we should stay out of other countries business?

by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 2:09 PM
Replies (61-67):
Mrs.Sells
by on Sep. 9, 2013 at 2:05 PM
1 mom liked this

What a lot of you don't realize is that they are also test weapons that can be used on us and other. If we don't end it now, who do you think will be next?

aj_mom
by Bronze Member on Sep. 9, 2013 at 3:14 PM

Stay out of it!

ZanderandBella
by on Sep. 9, 2013 at 3:29 PM

I think the UN needs to take more steps and we need to back off a bit and focus on ourselves a bit more. We can't keep trying to save everyone.

17christine
by on Sep. 9, 2013 at 8:03 PM

Completely agree

Quoting Randi02:

Educate yourself.

China doesn't make them give up their children. There is a one child 'law' for URBAN families (not rural) and it doesn't apply to those in urban areas who have twins/triplets etc. or if the parents were only children themselves.

If someone in an urban area wants to have more children, they are 'fined' based on their income. No one is given up because of that law. Are you kidding me? lol
China has a huge population to support, and fines help control that. If people are unable to afford having children, they will go the extra steps to prevent it and avoid the fines/cost of another child.
The US could take a lesson! Can't afford to have kids? Get Medicaid for your pregnancy, WIC for your baby, and food stamps for the older kids.

Africans are not the only ones with HIV/AIDS, or the only ones who rape other people. There are things being done to prevent it. Education on those diseases and how they are spread, free condoms, rape condoms etc.
It is not an issue (for the most part) that requires military action. Rape, as sad as it is, isn't violating any international laws/codes like the usage of chemical weapons are.

The US has a huge target on its' back. Don't want to do anything now, while they're only attacking their own people? Don't be surprised when they go after somebody bigger- probably the US. They have Russia on their side.

Quoting ilovemykids732:

Go bother someone else on here, other people believe in what I do... I am done trying to debate with people... Go pick a fight with China, if they have more than one kid...  they have to give them up... is THAT humane? no... lets just go attack China than... That should be our next plan of attack... Syria is a small country which is why we are sticking our nose in there... OR wait... Africa, people with Aids rape others, and spread that disease, lets go stop that too, there are SO many things in the world that need to be fixed... we cant fix everything.... so although I respect your opinion... it means nothing to me...!

Quoting Randi02:

And she had every right to.

It's opinions like yours that make the US one of the most hated countries in the world.
Soldiers join the forces KNOWING what they are getting into. They are trained to deal with these situations.

The citizens in Syria were ASLEEP! Can you imagine going to sleep and being gassed? It's not a painless death. They had no idea it was coming. They were completely innocent! Many of them were tiny infants and little kids.

The homeless in the US do have help. There are resources available to them, should they choose to use them. They are able to get a hot meal, and there are shelters they can seek out if they need a place to sleep. The most down and out American is not living anything like what happened in Syria. They have absolutely nowhere to turn because it appears to be their government who is attacking them! Can you imagine? You think the government in the US is corrupt, it's nothing compared to over there.

Quoting ilovemykids732:

And that is your opinion which I am fine with, but, this post was asking opinions. I gave mine and she attacked me... :)

Quoting Randi02:

A human life is a human life. An American soldier is no more important than a Syrian civilian.

If something like that was happening in my country, you bet I would want other people to come to our aid. They are helpless!

Quoting ilovemykids732:

I never said it was ok, I said if we go there it kills our OWN soldiers, which you are apparently ok with because you aren't one of them. We have 5 destroyers by Syria already... we are going to kill MORE innocent people with this. Look at Iraq, Afghanistan, North Korea, Vietnam, we stuck our noses in over there, killed MANY innocent people and they are still having issues... so maybe just maybe ONCE we shouldn't go and stick our noses in... be thankful that our country has some issues, hell... we have a lot of them but we are doing alright... think about it... if YOUR husband was a soldier, would you want him to go over there and risk him getting killed? What if it was your brother or even a friend? It's not right what Assad is doing, BUT we don't have to be the police of the world. And I am a 'disgusting American' because I care about our troops and people? I think you need to think about it... WHO wants to send our soldiers out there...? YOU do... we KNOW this man has chemicals of mass destruction, yet we want to send our American's over there to get killed too... YOU are a disgusting American, until YOU can say that YOU would go fight on the front lines... your case is moot. I never said that them dieing was acceptable, him killing them was HORRIBLE... I never said 'OH, its great he did that...' but I also have compassion for the people who have no homes, no food, and no one who loves them over here...

Quoting Bonita131:

Quoting ilovemykids732:

Yes, its true that they lost people, BUT... What happens when we send OUR people over there to fight? and OUR soldiers die, thats OUR countries families... The children in OUR country with out moms and dads. Brothers, sisters, aunts, and uncles WILL get killed... Why don't YOU go out there and fight this war...?Yeah... not the same now is it?

AND our countries homeless men and women suffer EVERYDAY on the streets starving, people in Syria got gassed, once... and died... these people at home, in our own country live like this day after day... think about THAT one

Quoting Bonita131:

Quoting ilovemykids732:

I think we should stay out... I mean, I feel bad for the people of Syria BUT, there are people in the US I feel bad for also... THEY should get help before the people of syria...! imho at least...

Really? When's the last time you saw over a thousand American adults, children & babies gassed to death? Your comparison is a joke not to mention embarrassing.

"AND our countries homeless men and women suffer EVERYDAY on the streets starving, people in Syria got gassed, once... and died..."

Wow, just wow. Disgusting American doesn't even come close to describing any US citizen making such a statement. You really find no difference in a homeless person and an innocent child being gassed to death? Are you freaking kidding me?

You can actually say you're fine with people/children/babies being gassed to death because once they're dead they're no longer a problem? My god, with your kind of uncaring & twisted mind you would've been employee of the year thrice fold at Auschwitz.

Mrs.Sells
by on Sep. 12, 2013 at 12:30 PM

I'm a military brat and wife and I don't agree with you. We being one of the string nations in this world are suppose ot set an example and protect others. That is what my husband believes in and so do I. If you saw a person beating a defenseless child, would you walk on by and ignore it? If you came across a women being raped, would you mind your own business? You know since it's not your child or your vagina? People are people regardless of race, religion or where they live on this planet. One life isn't more important then another. 

Quoting ilovemykids732:

Go bother someone else on here, other people believe in what I do... I am done trying to debate with people... Go pick a fight with China, if they have more than one kid...  they have to give them up... is THAT humane? no... lets just go attack China than... That should be our next plan of attack... Syria is a small country which is why we are sticking our nose in there... OR wait... Africa, people with Aids rape others, and spread that disease, lets go stop that too, there are SO many things in the world that need to be fixed... we cant fix everything.... so although I respect your opinion... it means nothing to me...!

Quoting Randi02:

And she had every right to.

It's opinions like yours that make the US one of the most hated countries in the world.
Soldiers join the forces KNOWING what they are getting into. They are trained to deal with these situations.

The citizens in Syria were ASLEEP! Can you imagine going to sleep and being gassed? It's not a painless death. They had no idea it was coming. They were completely innocent! Many of them were tiny infants and little kids.

The homeless in the US do have help. There are resources available to them, should they choose to use them. They are able to get a hot meal, and there are shelters they can seek out if they need a place to sleep. The most down and out American is not living anything like what happened in Syria. They have absolutely nowhere to turn because it appears to be their government who is attacking them! Can you imagine? You think the government in the US is corrupt, it's nothing compared to over there.

Quoting ilovemykids732:

And that is your opinion which I am fine with, but, this post was asking opinions. I gave mine and she attacked me... :)

Quoting Randi02:

A human life is a human life. An American soldier is no more important than a Syrian civilian.

If something like that was happening in my country, you bet I would want other people to come to our aid. They are helpless!

Quoting ilovemykids732:

I never said it was ok, I said if we go there it kills our OWN soldiers, which you are apparently ok with because you aren't one of them. We have 5 destroyers by Syria already... we are going to kill MORE innocent people with this. Look at Iraq, Afghanistan, North Korea, Vietnam, we stuck our noses in over there, killed MANY innocent people and they are still having issues... so maybe just maybe ONCE we shouldn't go and stick our noses in... be thankful that our country has some issues, hell... we have a lot of them but we are doing alright... think about it... if YOUR husband was a soldier, would you want him to go over there and risk him getting killed? What if it was your brother or even a friend? It's not right what Assad is doing, BUT we don't have to be the police of the world. And I am a 'disgusting American' because I care about our troops and people? I think you need to think about it... WHO wants to send our soldiers out there...? YOU do... we KNOW this man has chemicals of mass destruction, yet we want to send our American's over there to get killed too... YOU are a disgusting American, until YOU can say that YOU would go fight on the front lines... your case is moot. I never said that them dieing was acceptable, him killing them was HORRIBLE... I never said 'OH, its great he did that...' but I also have compassion for the people who have no homes, no food, and no one who loves them over here...

Quoting Bonita131:

Quoting ilovemykids732:

Yes, its true that they lost people, BUT... What happens when we send OUR people over there to fight? and OUR soldiers die, thats OUR countries families... The children in OUR country with out moms and dads. Brothers, sisters, aunts, and uncles WILL get killed... Why don't YOU go out there and fight this war...?Yeah... not the same now is it?

AND our countries homeless men and women suffer EVERYDAY on the streets starving, people in Syria got gassed, once... and died... these people at home, in our own country live like this day after day... think about THAT one

Quoting Bonita131:

Quoting ilovemykids732:

I think we should stay out... I mean, I feel bad for the people of Syria BUT, there are people in the US I feel bad for also... THEY should get help before the people of syria...! imho at least...

Really? When's the last time you saw over a thousand American adults, children & babies gassed to death? Your comparison is a joke not to mention embarrassing.

"AND our countries homeless men and women suffer EVERYDAY on the streets starving, people in Syria got gassed, once... and died..."

Wow, just wow. Disgusting American doesn't even come close to describing any US citizen making such a statement. You really find no difference in a homeless person and an innocent child being gassed to death? Are you freaking kidding me?

You can actually say you're fine with people/children/babies being gassed to death because once they're dead they're no longer a problem? My god, with your kind of uncaring & twisted mind you would've been employee of the year thrice fold at Auschwitz.

lovemyhoney
by on Sep. 12, 2013 at 12:59 PM
I'm am so scared of what our country has become.
Dawn96
by on Sep. 12, 2013 at 1:19 PM

My husband was a marine for 10 years. I am not opposed to military action, but I do not think that using cruise missiles to attack targets in Syria as "punishment" is the right thing to do. 100,000 + people have died in Syria in the course of the civil war. The war in Afghanistan and Iraq have killed over 170,000 civilians. Killing innocents through gas or through bombs - I don't see much difference - dead is dead. When we decide that military action is required it needs to be for a higher goal than "punishment" it should have the goal of saving and improving more lives than will be lost. We can't accomplish that in this region, so we should stay out of it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN