Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Give Yourself A Time Out

Posted by on Sep. 4, 2013 at 12:00 AM
  • 57 Replies

Back To School is a busy -- and stressful -- time. That's why we're all here, talking about it. Not only does school start up, but there are other commitments that start up as well. Soccer, basketball, piano lessons, dance class, running club, boys'/girls' clubs, etc. Our church also hosts a family camp the second weekend in September (Fun! But also ONE MORE THING) and our calendars are completely jammed.

So, before the onslaught hit (Our school year runs from after Labor Day to the end of June), we got the heck out of dodge. We spent three nights at a cabin in the mountains and it was wonderful. We walked and we hiked and we fished. We read books and we watched movies and we ate easy dinners like tacos and hamburgers and hot dogs.

I'm looking down the barrel of September and taking deep breaths, but those few days away gave me the recharge I needed. We've also planned another weekend away in a few weeks to remove ourselves from our daily circus and let all of the balls drop. Our work is never done -- never, ever -- and if we waited until we were caught up, we'd never get away.

I think it's important to recognize this, and I'm glad we have. We make sure all deadlines are met, and any essential commitments are not missed. The rest can wait. Let me repeat that: The rest can can wait. But you need to rest in order to get it done. Please take time to do so.

Do you take time to rest and recharge? Why or why not?

Read about the Chevy Traverse at #TraverseTested

by on Sep. 4, 2013 at 12:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Bob192
by Bronze Member on Sep. 4, 2013 at 1:39 AM

I have to take a break or I'm so stressed out that I can't be a good mom!

TerriC
by on Sep. 4, 2013 at 7:09 AM

I don't, but I should.  I feel like I get so behind on everything during Summer break, that as soon as I dropped them off, I hit the floor running and I haven't slowed down yet!  lol

TerriC
by on Sep. 4, 2013 at 7:09 AM

I think I could use a bit of a break, this is very true about beinfg stressed!  Maybe a long hot bath today!  lol

Quoting Bob192:

I have to take a break or I'm so stressed out that I can't be a good mom!

johnny4ever
by Mrs. Depp on Sep. 4, 2013 at 7:44 AM

Yes it recharges my batteries

LancesMom
by Member on Sep. 4, 2013 at 9:48 AM

I do! I have to with my health issues. Just wish I could afford to take some me time somewhere else. LOL!

Leelee1008
by Member on Sep. 4, 2013 at 1:16 PM

yes. when DD is napping, I take that time to relax.

bamababe1975
by on Sep. 4, 2013 at 2:14 PM

I try to because I know I'm a better wife and mother if I have a little time that's just for me.

aneela
by on Sep. 4, 2013 at 2:24 PM

its always good idea to have space and time for MOM...

countrygirlkat
by Member on Sep. 4, 2013 at 2:31 PM

Yes we love to take family time to just enjoy each other and rest.

goddess99
by Michelle on Sep. 4, 2013 at 3:28 PM

Yes, I'm a sahm. I have all day to myself.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)