Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Bigger (The Vehicle) The Better

Posted by on Sep. 11, 2013 at 12:00 AM
  • 57 Replies

We have three kids, all of whom were above the 90th percentile as babies and have shown no sign of slowing down. Back when we just had two kids and our car was on its last legs, my husband insisted that we get a minivan. I wasn't really in favor, but it did serve us well for many years, so I have nothing to complain about.

Now that our kids are on the cusp of the preteen years, we knew that it was time to say goodbye to the minivan. We're an active family, and my husband's small SUV worked great when our kids were small. We've used it to drive on forest service roads and up to the ski hill. With my kids (and their shoulders) growing ever bigger, the hour-long drive to the ski hill went from being a fun time of conversation to non-stop complaints about the discomfort of being wedged together on the bench seat.

We replaced the minvan with a large SUV that we lovingly call "The Bus." There are two rows of Captain chairs, a full back bench seat, and a lage cargo area in the back. It seats seven adults comfortably. Our family of five is more than comfortable and traveling together, be it to school or the ski hill, has become fun again. Heck, we can even fit our two dogs in the cargo area.

It's Back To School time, but we love to escape from the Back To School/Back To Reality that is September sometimes and I'm glad we have the vehicle that makes it happen.

What do you drive? Does it suit your family and your activities?

Read about the Chevy Traverse at #TraverseTested

by on Sep. 11, 2013 at 12:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TerriC
by on Sep. 11, 2013 at 7:50 AM

I drive a Chevy Traverse.  I have 2 kids, so even if they each had a friend with us, we all fit.  I love it and it does fit our family and activities just fine.

matt_sara_mom
by on Sep. 11, 2013 at 7:54 AM

Currently we drive a small extended cab Dakota pick up. We know we are going to need something bigger within the next year or so but I dread another monthly payment. When we upgrade it will be to a mini van.

lalasmama2007
by on Sep. 11, 2013 at 9:21 AM

We have a Honda CRV.  it suits our small family of 3.

johnny4ever
by Mrs. Depp on Sep. 11, 2013 at 10:37 AM
Pontiac Grand prix
johnny4ever
by Mrs. Depp on Sep. 11, 2013 at 10:37 AM

Saving for a Chevrolet Cruz

LancesMom
by on Sep. 11, 2013 at 11:05 AM

I drive a Chevy Blazer. But would like to get the Equinox. And yes it has worked for us!

ceciliam
by on Sep. 11, 2013 at 11:34 AM

I drive a Cadillac CTS and my husband drives a BMW and a Maserati. There is only 3 of us, so all 3 vehichles fit our needs, perfectly. The only time I wish we had some type of SUV, is when we purchase something big, that doesn't fit in a car.

bamababe1975
by Member on Sep. 11, 2013 at 11:56 AM

A 2012 Toyota Tacoma. It's perfect for my 4-person family, with room for putting the dog or cat carrier in the backseat with the kids for vet trips, plus has the bed of the truck for groceries or hauling things.

dusky_rose
by on Sep. 11, 2013 at 12:25 PM

I drive a Jeep Compass and my DH drives a Ford truck (4 door). It can get srowded in my Jeep if my older children come to visit.

elasmimi
by on Sep. 11, 2013 at 1:09 PM

We just bought a minivan, and we are all loving it!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)