Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Getting Your Family Organized

Posted by on Sep. 18, 2013 at 4:00 AM
  • 52 Replies

I have my iAppendage with me at all times. There is Facebook and Twitter and Instagram and the weather network and, last but not least, my Google calendar. All important items are entered there and I get the chime and vibration and don't miss the important stuff. Usually.

The phone calendar wasn't working for our family as a whole. I created a "family calendar" that both my husband and I can access and edit, but there are three little people in our house who can't access those calendars. They also love, love, love visual reminders. So, I kicked it old school and bought one of those huge desk calendars that you mount on the wall.

(Many people mount them on the fridge, but our fridge is stainless steel. Despite being metallic, magnets don't work on it. I don't understand, either.)

I have a bulletin board in the corner of our kitchen where i would post important notices. No more. I write all of the information on the big calendar and jump-shot those notices into the recycling bin. BOOM. The board is so clean without twenty sheets, most of them outdated, pinned to the board. I'd show you a photo, but it's pitch black outside and all you'd see is a fuzzy blur. May I offer up a non-related photo my daughter looking up bedroom decoration ideas on Pinterest instead?

What do you do to get your family organized? Do you like wall calendars? Or are you strictly digital?

Read about the Chevy Traverse at #TraverseTested

by on Sep. 18, 2013 at 4:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Janet
by Ruby Member on Sep. 18, 2013 at 9:58 AM
I'm pretty much still a wall Calendar kind of person. Everyone sees it and can make arrangements around it.
celestegood
by Gold Member on Sep. 19, 2013 at 12:21 PM
We have a physical paper calendar.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
celestegood
by Gold Member on Sep. 19, 2013 at 12:21 PM
Exactly.

Quoting Janet:

I'm pretty much still a wall Calendar kind of person. Everyone sees it and can make arrangements around it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
pootersmomi
by Bronze Member on Sep. 20, 2013 at 10:25 AM

We have a calendar on the fridge AND we use our phones. Can't be too prepared.

blue_lagoon
by on Sep. 20, 2013 at 10:33 AM

Anything and everything!  Fridge calendar, google reminder, iphone calendar.  We have sooo much going on.

jen113000
by on Sep. 20, 2013 at 10:35 AM
I use my wall calendar and my phone. It's been working for me.
jessicasmom1
by Member on Sep. 20, 2013 at 11:18 AM

calander to remember

matt_sara_mom
by on Sep. 20, 2013 at 11:42 AM

I  have a binder with everything organized, Calender for appointments and birthday, when bills are due, special events. I also am digital, I use Cozi so that it syncs to both mine and the husbands phones so when we are away from home we know what is coming up so there are no double booking incidents.

Kaci
by Bronze Member on Sep. 20, 2013 at 12:29 PM
I am the one that tries to keep everyone organized. I use a calendar.
Kaci
by Bronze Member on Sep. 20, 2013 at 12:31 PM
I have tried the binder and for some reason it just didn't work out . Do you like Cozi? Is it free?

Quoting matt_sara_mom:

I  have a binder with everything organized, Calender for appointments and birthday, when bills are due, special events. I also am digital, I use Cozi so that it syncs to both mine and the husbands phones so when we are away from home we know what is coming up so there are no double booking incidents.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)