Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Does this bother you?...Moms at the Playground. EDIT (in response)

Posted by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 10:25 PM
  • 167 Replies
3 moms liked this

When you see other moms glued to their phone, to busy to notice that their kids are no wheres near anymore?... How about when they expect YOU to watch their kid(s) just because your kid(s)are playing with their kid(s)... Or How about when lets say they are doing laundry across the street and they come, drop off their kids  and run back to the laundromat becuase they see there are other parents there, and assume you will watch them when while  they run back and forth to check on their laundry. I see this happen all the time and Im like- "What are these people thinking!? For all they know I  can take off with their child. I mean if  they would at least  ask me to watch them for a second I wouldn't have that much of a problem with it. But even then, You dont know me -or any one else in the playground. The thing that bothers me the MOST is that these kids are mostly between the ages of 3 and 6...

Is it just me?- or would this bother you too?

Ok so in response- to some of  these replies.  I will admit that I do pull out my cell phone a few times for a few seconds when Im on at the playground- I am guilty of that myself, to keep track of time and "check" whatever it is that just came in. I do however dont sit there and reply right away. People can wait. Im talking about the ones who are really GLUED to their phone!  

Some one wrote- that It seems that i might be too busy worrying about what other moms are doing- that I  might be negleting my own child as well . And yes it does seem that way, but its not. Its kinda hard NOT to notice it when you and that other mom are the only ones there, and the kids are playing together... 

Just the other day- I got off work picked up my DD took her to the playground and the first thing I notice is this little boy (about 4years old) IN THE MIDDLE OF THE STREET! Looking back at his mom, whos IN the playground chatting it up with her other mom-friend and on the phone at the same time TOO busy to realize her son is on the other side of the fence standing in the middle of the street. I gave her a look as if to say "what the hell are you doing!? Go get you kid!"

What does she do? gets up ever so calmy and walks over a few feet, not even making her way out to go get him... just closer so she can yell at him to come back in... so Im like in disbelieve that shes not reacting to it, If that was my DD, My fat ass would be running out there before a car hits her!  

So after yelling at the kid like 5 times. and the kid just standing there like "what are you gonna do...(I almost felt like he did it only to get her attention...even if it was the bad kind of attention. I honestly felt bad fotr the child) she makes her way around while now talking on the phone telling the other person on the line, that people are giving her dirty looks! ... Well yea! wth does she she expect? Smiles and props for being so inresposible??  But wait! It doesnt end there! So she grabs the child by the arm in such a way, walks him over to her truck. yells at him and shoves him in there... and closes the door, doesnt even leave the windows a crack open!! (At least not from the side that I could see). So she puts em in the truck and makes her way back to her friend whos still in the playground where she stays for about 15 more giving ME dirty looks. thats when I see she still has another kid still that playground, about 8years old and a dog.  I mean I was so dumbfounded that someone would actually do that and think its ok!!!????

by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 10:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SlapItHigh
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 10:27 PM
7 moms liked this
If I stopped to think about it, I guess it would. But I'm usually too busy with my kids to notice why others are doing.
thea11101981
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 10:30 PM
1 mom liked this
I would be pissed
LokisMama
by Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 10:31 PM
3 moms liked this
My old neighbors used to do that....they would leave their kids in my yard and expect me to watch them. Drove me insane.

I finally said something about it when they started doing it with their.dog too....an untrained male pitbull that kept jumping and scratching my kids.

They didn't talk to me anymore after that. Which was a blessing. I'm so glad I don't live there anymore.
momtotwo08
by Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 10:31 PM
1 mom liked this
It would bother me and has actually happened a few times.
katyq
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 10:47 PM
9 moms liked this

I am a huge fan of group parenting. It's how our ancestors did things and it's how many still do. I would not be bothered. 

Janet
by Ruby Member on Sep. 3, 2013 at 12:05 AM
1 mom liked this
This has never really happened to me. No I wouldn't think it was right.
Janet
by Ruby Member on Sep. 3, 2013 at 12:06 AM
Janet
Janet
Janet
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN