Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

2 jobs, 3 kids...

Posted by on Sep. 3, 2013 at 11:43 AM
  • 18 Replies
Any other mommas working multiple jobs to support their family?
How many children do you have?

I have one full time job, 45 hours a week, working Mon - Thursday and Saturday... I also have one part time job working 3 days a week, days vary.. I never have a day off from both jobs.. I always work at at least one job every day..

But, it pays bills, gets my girls what they want and need, and I still get to spend time with them..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Sep. 3, 2013 at 11:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Jinxed8
by Silver Member on Sep. 3, 2013 at 11:46 AM

I only work one job - full time Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm - I guess I'm lucky that one job provides well enough for my family.  My daughter is already frustrated enough that I"m not a stay at home mom ... I can't imagine working 2 jobs.

MistressMinerva
by Jennifer on Sep. 3, 2013 at 12:01 PM

I only work one job.

jessimicuh
by on Sep. 3, 2013 at 12:14 PM
1 mom liked this
I make 7.35$ an hour at both jobs... I only bring in $2200 at both jobs each month.. not much.. id love to stay home but sadly I can't. :(

Quoting Jinxed8:

I only work one job - full time Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm - I guess I'm lucky that one job provides well enough for my family.  My daughter is already frustrated enough that I"m not a stay at home mom ... I can't imagine working 2 jobs.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
firefly
by on Sep. 3, 2013 at 12:21 PM

And what does the father(s) do to help?

rjmac88
by on Sep. 3, 2013 at 12:23 PM
My husband makes far less than that and we have 4 kids and I don't work. Where do you live?!

Quoting jessimicuh:

I make 7.35$ an hour at both jobs... I only bring in $2200 at both jobs each month.. not much.. id love to stay home but sadly I can't. :(

Quoting Jinxed8:

jessimicuh
by on Sep. 3, 2013 at 12:47 PM
Arkansas

Quoting rjmac88:

My husband makes far less than that and we have 4 kids and I don't work. Where do you live?!

Quoting jessimicuh:

Quoting Jinxed8:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jessimicuh
by on Sep. 3, 2013 at 12:48 PM
Arkansas. i make $1900 before taxes each month if i don't get overtime at my full time job.

Quoting rjmac88:

Quoting jessimicuh:

Quoting Jinxed8:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jessimicuh
by on Sep. 3, 2013 at 12:50 PM
One father.
He just started working today after being laid off 5 months..

Quoting firefly:

And what does the father(s) do to help?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Janet
by Ruby Member on Sep. 3, 2013 at 12:57 PM
2 moms liked this
I have a lot of respect for you moms that have to work.

Quoting jessimicuh:

Any other mommas working multiple jobs to support their family?

How many children do you have?

I have one full time job, 45 hours a week, working Mon - Thursday and Saturday... I also have one part time job working 3 days a week, days vary.. I never have a day off from both jobs.. I always work at at least one job every day..

But, it pays bills, gets my girls what they want and need, and I still get to spend time with them..
leeshuh
by Member on Sep. 3, 2013 at 1:09 PM
1 mom liked this

I have 2 kids and 2 jobs. I work M-F 7:30am-4:30pm, then T, Th, Fr evenings as a server, Saturday all day as a server. Most Sundays I get off though, which I am very lucky to have. I have to say good for you for doing what is necessary to provide for your kids!

Have you thought about working as a server? I only mention it because I make an average of $15 an hour take home. I'm not sure it would be the same where you live, but might be better than what you are making now.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN