Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

How do you handle the chaos that comes with getting back into the school routine?

Posted by   + Show Post

The Back to School season is among us and that means lot of running around and juggling multiple responsibilities & hectic schedules.  

Getting the kids to school, shuffling them to after school activities & recreational sports, house chores, last minute errands... the list goes on and on.

We gave 20 moms of CafeMom a $100 American Express gift card to go shopping for any of their last minute Back to School needs.  We asked them to tell us what they bought but also to share their thoughts on staying connected with the kids, keeping their kids safe and more.

How do you handle the chaos that comes with getting back into the school routine?

busy mom         school bus

by on Sep. 9, 2013 at 1:51 PM
Replies (31-40):
Madelaine
by Member on Sep. 11, 2013 at 5:00 PM
1 mom liked this

Agreed.

Quoting Hottmomma607:

Just one day at a time!

We try to have things together the night before. Papers signed,backpacks packed&ready,clothes picked out,shoes by the door! Sounds perfect doesn't it? LOL They started last Tuesday,they went back today and I see my son at 6:30am in pj's*sigh*bus comes at 6:45! Yikes! The start of chaos. lol So one day at a time.

johnny4ever
by Mrs. Depp on Sep. 11, 2013 at 6:35 PM

We are pretty good at daily routines

sukainah
by on Sep. 11, 2013 at 10:20 PM

Wow, what a great influencer.

My kids have been in about a month as well.  But my youngest only goes half days as he is only in pre-k, so it's kind of been hectic and especially on the days where I have to take the older one to Cub Scouts or something like that.  It's a rush after school lol

Sisteract
by on Sep. 11, 2013 at 11:12 PM

Routine- and stick to it.

Bob192
by Bronze Member on Sep. 12, 2013 at 12:11 AM

I take it one day at a time.  I have too, or I would go nuts.  It can easy to get overwhelmed.  I also make sure to take some time for me.

NearSeattleMom
by Member on Sep. 12, 2013 at 1:13 AM

I depend on my calendar . . . and on help from my husband to help me shuttle kids around.

Great pictures and stories from the others!

Miranda1127
by on Sep. 12, 2013 at 8:28 AM

Calendars, calendars, calendars. My biggest challenge is keeping the schedule straight. So I enter every activity into my phone as soon as I get it (the calendar is on the first page of my phone and the first thing I see several times a day). I also log things on our giant activity calendar on our activity wall. In addition to that I have a regular sized school calendar on our memo wall and I make sure dd is keeping her school calendar in her room updated. Now that she is in middle school I have made it a point to stress the importance of her being responsible for giving me adequate notice of her upcoming activities as well as preparing herself for them.

Bmat
by Bronze Member on Sep. 12, 2013 at 8:29 AM

It is an adventure and challenge, as well as part of life. We don't make a big deal about it.

lalasmama2007
by Bronze Member on Sep. 12, 2013 at 8:41 AM

What a great influencer!  I only have one dd, so getting into the school routine was pretty easy for us.

RobynS
by on Sep. 12, 2013 at 10:04 AM

I try to prepare as much as I can the night before. It's been hot, so I fill DS's juice bottle about halfway and put it in the freezer the night before, then fill the rest of the way in the morning. Sounds like a small thing, but last year I was always trying to shove ice cubes into the little hole in the bottle and it took forever! LOL

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN